Lead - Global Corporate Recruiter at Microland
Views:1114 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Microland - Director - Enterprise Architect - CIS (12-15 yrs)
Microland - An overview (www.microland.com)
Microland is a Digital Accelerator. It provides enterprises the means to adopt and consume NextGen technologies in their quest for digital transformation. Incorporated in 1989 and headquartered in Bangalore, India, Microland has more than 3,800+ professionals across its offices and delivery centers in Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Microland enables global enterprises with their Operating Model Transformation, Business Function Optimization and Digitization of processes and systems. The goal of our solutions and services is to drive profitability, improve business efficiency and advance process and system effectiveness for customers.
The Microland team has a remarkable track record of personalized client management and of maintaining strategic partnerships with technology leaders such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Nutanix and VMware that allow us to craft high-performance digital businesses for customers
Position: Director CIS
Qualification: Engineer + MBA preferred
Location - Bangalore
Reporting to - VP Digital Applications
Role overview :
- The role is that of an Architect who will hold the accountability of redefining and implementing the Application Architecture for the portfolio of Applications supporting Microland's Enterprise Functions in line with our objective of becoming a truly Digital Enterprise.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 12-15 years of experience in designing, architecting Enterprise grade large size Applications out of which last 5 years should be in leading significant architectural transformation cutting across multiple technology areas and platforms.
- The person will be expected to recommend the right technology choices balancing current vs future requirements, flexibility vs cost etc and be able to communicate/defend the value to the stakeholders.
- Ability of understanding the big picture and then breaking it down to small & actionable pieces, aptitude to learn & innovate, willingness to experiment and identify right solution will be key to success. This is a hands-on technologist role.
Key responsibilities :
- Help define Enterprise level Technical and Application architecture in line with Microland's objective of becoming a truly Digital Enterprise.
- Provide architectural direction to various Digital initiatives at Microland.
- Be the technical owner of all Technology Renewal/Modernization/Integration programs.
Act as the :
- Mentor a team of senior Application Designers and Developers.
- Ability to work well with both inhouse teams and external Vendor team.
Technical Skills :
Must be good at multiple of the following :
- Integration technologies (API, Pub-Sub, Web Services)
- New generation UI technologies and frameworks
- Creating analytics platforms with Relational/No SQL databases as the backbone
- ERP, CRM applications
- Architecting applications with Mobile First, Cloud First principles
- Artificial Intelligence - Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Robotics Process Automation
Other Skills :
- Passionate about using technology to solve business problems through innovative solutions
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders within the organization
- Enthusiastic and must have the ability to work in an action oriented team and drive value for the stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Collaborate with the external technical resources (eg Microland's vendors, wider technology community)
Work Experience :
- At least 12-15 years of experience in designing, architecting Enterprise grade large size Applications.
- Last 5 years should be in leading significant architectural transformation cutting across multiple technology areas and platforms.
- Experience with multiple Cloud Based Platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Experience of Architecting both mobile and desktop web applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or related field.
- Experience of working in a new age technology startup or product based organization will be a plus.