Metlife - Senior Reconciliation System Administrator/Business Analyst (5-7 yrs)
Position Summary :
MetLife's Global Balance Sheet Controls - GBSC- Unit is seeking a Senior Reconciliation System Administrator / Business Analyst responsible for administration of the ReconNET and Cadency systems used to perform daily and period end reconciliations.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a working knowledge of GAAP and STAT accounting principles, MetLife's ledger systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, HFM, etc.), and will be able to work independently as well as lead teams to support the maintenance and future configuration of these environments as well as the affected stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities :
1. Partner globally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure GBSC financial tools data quality.
2. Performs data integrity checks and account group validation and report/resolve discrepancies promptly.
3. Support various stakeholders as Administrator and acts as point of contact for these reconciliation tools.
4. Partners with Business analyst and greater team to raise, escalate, and resolve issues timely and appropriately.
5. Partner with our Cadency IT team raising and resolving issues timely, while developing business requirements and performing user acceptance tests for current and future enhancements/tools.
Functional Responsibilities :
1. Experienced and capable of executing project assignments as part of a team and independently within assigned timelines.
2. Exhibits ability to build strong relationships with management at various levels to ensure, develop or implement better business practices.
3. Demonstrates strong analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal, communications, prioritization & time management skills.
4. Responsible for in-tool design and presentation of management reports. Ability to produce quality products quickly and accurately.
5. Support on-going training efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Education : BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting or in MIS with business concentration
- 5+ years of experience supporting software within a large corporate environment, preferably accounting software.
- 2+ years of experience administering Trintech products, including Cadency (Certification, Close, Compliance modules) and ReconNet
Overall Industry experience of 6-8 years is required.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical) :
- Thorough, conscientious and detail oriented.
- Logical/disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Strong analytical, organization/planning and project management skills.
- Must be willing to take the initiative to improve processes and resolve problems.
- Can manage and delegate work effectively, is flexible and adaptable to a rapid changing environment.
- Working knowledge of HFM, MetLife's ledgers and financial data query tools, such as OBIEE report; Essbase, Powered BI is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint), including the ability to parse and analyze and interpret large data outputs.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize functions and meet deadlines.
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training - if required) - N/A