Merilytics - Python Developer - Django/Flask (1-3 yrs)
ABOUT THE COMPANY :
Merilytics offers advanced and intelligent analytical solutions to clients globally. Our solutions primarily focus on using decision sciences and analytics based approach to generate superior returns for clients.
For more information about the company, please visit us at: www.merilytics.com
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- We are looking for a python developer, who is experienced in building and maintaining RESTful backend services for internet and intranet applications to join our product development team.
- The candidate should be adept in various aspects of development using web frameworks including understanding of at least one of the frameworks like Django or Flask.
What is expected from me on a day-to-day basis if I join Merilytics?
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 2-3 years of experience.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Integration of data storage solutions like MongoDB, MySQL etc.
- Participate in full app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Keep up-to-date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools
- Write and maintain documentation for all features in development
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Knowledge of Django Rest Framework, Celery, Redis and Swagger a huge plus
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB into one system
- Demonstrated interest in technology, technology-related issues and analytical problem solving
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members
- Proficient understanding of any of the code versioning tools like Git, SVN etc
- Motivated self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution