Merilytics - Network Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure & Services (2-3 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
We are looking for a network engineer experienced in setting up and maintaining our network. The candidate should be adept in various aspects of network administration, knowledgeable about Windows and Linux Server OS and installations of different kinds of software on these environments.
What is expected from me on a day-to-day basis if I join Merilytics?
1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
2. Sound knowledge in configuring various services and servers like FTP, SMTP, POP3 and HTTP
3. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes
4. Sound knowledge in Cloud Infrastructure and their services
5. Good knowledge in Linux and Windows based Operating Systems installation and configurations.
6. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
7. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
8. Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
9. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
10. Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
11. Experience in terminal services like Remote Desktop and VNC Servers
12. Experience in virtualization software like Hyper-V, VMware is added advantage
13. Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
14. Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
15. Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
16. Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
17. Maintain an inventory of all types of assets with license information, prepare detailed plan for audit
18. Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases
What are the pre-requisites and skillsets required to apply for this role?
1. Minimum 1+ years- experience in setting up / maintaining office network
2. At least 1 certification - CCNA, CCNP, MCSA or MCSE
3. Basic understanding of installation and troubleshooting of software
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skill