Merck Group - Infrastructure Project Manager - PMP (6-12 yrs)
Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Project Manage new Vulnerability Management approach
- Perform functional analysis of solutions as part of developing the initial requirements.
- Develop a detailed work breakdown and project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the project customer and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Development of clear roles and responsibilities across project teams.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Projects to be managed using corporate tools and processes.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage and control the budget of the projects and also the project tracking in PPMC with the upload of the documentation and interaction with local Controller and representatives for the several aspect.
- Effective handover of BT solutions to the operations teams. This includes providing required operations manuals, work instructions, configuration items and ensuring SLA's are defined.
- Ensure that all relevant BT aspects are considered during SME input to solution design. This requires that functional requirements for integration, security, operations, continuity and availability can be meet
- Ensure that proposed designs can be delivered to meet target service levels and performance indicators
- Optimal performance of Merck ONE Infrastructure project delivery
- Improved support of strategic initiatives
- Improved quality of business and technical solutions
- Improved quality and speed of execution
- Improved reaction to constantly changing business requirements
- Facilitates cross IPT collaboration
Scope of People Responsibility:
- The position will have responsibility for managing projects globally. There is a requirement to interact with all parts of BT and directly with the Merck business to gather requirements, facilitate design, and co-ordinate implementation of solutions that satisfy demand for infrastructure services
- Interaction with BT Domains and BT International to validate requirements, scope and report project progress
- Interaction with ONE Infrastructure technical IPTs and SME's to plan, budget, implement and control the projects
Candidate's Profile :
Education: University degree or related
Who you are:
- Experience of project management in a matrix organization
- Experience managing complex technical projects/programs
- Experience managing infrastructure projects, involving Network, Telecommunications, Datacenter, Server & Storage technologies
- Experience developing comprehensive solutions using multiple infrastructure platforms and technical components
- Experience managing globally and cross-functionally
- Experience with Life Science and/or, Healthcare and Performance Materials industries
- Full understanding of and experience managing within constraints of GxP
- Experience using AGILE tools and framework
Competencies & Skills :
- Ability to deliver projects on time, within budget and scope to a high quality
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Analytical with the ability to break complex problems into manageable tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills. Ability to drive consensus/set mutually agreeable goals.
- Clear understanding of industry standard IT infrastructure platforms, terminology, and leading providers, including Network, Telecommunications, Datacenter, Server & Storage
- PMBOK knowledge. PMP Certification preferred, or able to obtain within 6-12 months of the start date.
- Knowledge of a variety of different project delivery methodologies
- GxP skills and trainings required.
- English language proficient