Senior Recruiter at Meesho
Views:226 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Meesho - Senior Product Manager - Data Science/Machine Learning (4-7 yrs)
Job Description : Product Lead, Personalization
About the Company :
- Meesho is India's top reselling platform, used by more than 10 million resellers across the country.
- Resellers are small business owners and home entrepreneurs who sell stuff using Meesho, within their extended social circles. Meesho is reimagining e-commerce for India, and building a platform for the next 20 million entrepreneurs in the country.
- Meesho is one of the fastest growing startups in the world, and is backed by top investors globally, including DST Global, Shunwei Capital, YCombinator, Sequoia and SAIF. You can read more about Meesho's journey on TechCrunch.
About the role :
- As the Product Lead for Personalization at Meesho, you will be at the center of innovation in the company.
You will be responsible for understanding users- needs and behavior, and accordingly creating systems and products that tailor the Meesho app to their individual needs. Here are some of the problem statements that you will be working on :
1. What should be the personalisation charter at Meesho?
2. In which parts of the app where we should introduce personalization first?
3. How can we help our resellers sell more, and earn more money?
a. On what observed / predicted parameter should we organize products in our feeds?
b. How do we continuously observe the outcome of the above decision, and iterate?
4. How do we predict the conversion rate for a particular product?
a. What should be the objective function for our prediction?
b. What should be the features we use to make this prediction?
5. What questions should we ask our users during onboarding / in-app, to understand their preferences better?
6. What systems should we build to understand our users- behavior at scale, by observing their actions on the platform?
7. How can we understand our resellers- customers, and tailor the resellers- experience accordingly?
8. In what way should we organize our taxonomy so as to understand users- affinity to different kinds of products, in the best way possible?
9. What tools should we provide to the business teams, so that they can experiment new personalisation techniques on the fly, as well as understand performance of the currently active ones?
You will be working with Meesho leadership to define the charter and prioritize various projects. You will be routinely working with Engineering and Data Science teams to implement your solutions, and with Business and Growth teams to identify problem statements and interact with users.
Mandatory Requirements :
1. Bachelor's Degree from a Tier 1 school (IIT, NIT, IIIT, BITS, DCE), preferably in CS, EE or Math
2. At least 1 year of hands-on experience in either Programming or Data Science
3. At least 1 year of Product Management experience in a B2C company at scale
4. At least 4-5 years of total work experience in Data Science, Tech and Product
The ideal candidate for this role has :
1. Deep empathy for users and understanding of business from ground up
2. Ability to initiate and conduct user research, and derive insights
3. Ability to start from a business problem, ask relevant questions, and create a solution
4. Ability to build a hypothesis, collect and analyze data, and derive insights
5. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in various teams, initiate and lead conversations and problem-solving, and build consensus on solutions
6. Ability to prioritize problems and solutions
7. Ability to execute and ship regularly, and bias for action
8. Understanding of A-B testing, and ability to run experiments regularly
9. Long-term thinking and ability to articulate your vision to stakeholders and colleagues
10. Ability to own a charter, and to lead, inspire and mentor a high-potential team towards impact
Bonus points :
We will prefer candidates who have :
1. Confidence in probability and combinatorics (the interview will test this)
2. Ability and willingness to write code themselves at times (hacky code, not production level)
3. Experience in working on Personalization or Data Science/ML problems
4. MBA from Tier 1 B-schools
Remuneration : We will offer competitive salary and esops, in line with the market.
Interview Process :
The candidate will go through multiple rounds of interviews with Business, Product and Engineering teams, followed by an HR round. Expect to be asked :
1. Probing questions related to your past work.
2. Technical and mathematical questions
3. Problem-solving and case studies related to any business context (these could also be given as a do-at-home assignment)
Learn more about us :
1. What's it like working at Meesho? - Hear from one of our product team members!
2. WeHearYou - our latest monthly video to our resellers, talking about product and business updates
3. Learn more about Meesho from our website: meesho.com
4. Also download our Android app and take it for a spin, to understand our current product
5. Take a look at some of our team members sporting their favorite pastimes here.
6. Already want to geek out with us? Read our Tech Blog.