Media.net - Linux Systems Administration Engineer (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- The Linux Systems Ad Engineer needs to have a working level of knowledge and experience with a broad base of adjoining technologies including networks, storage area networks, databases, and application-based software.
- Additionally, they must possess strong troubleshooting abilities to maintain high levels of system uptime and performance.
Duties And Responsibilities :
- Performance monitoring, technical support and advanced troubleshooting of complex server problems.
- Data integrity, restores and disaster recovery.
- Documentation of problems and solutions.
- Maintain the health of all Linux based servers (Physical and Virtual), and virtual infrastructure.
- Server migrations and upgrades (memory, CPU and drives).
- Server problem analysis and recovery.
- Maintain Service Center tickets and update customers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Communicate with vendors in the resolution of incidents.
- Conform to and support system management disciplines such as Corporate Change, Assets and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 10+ years of IT experience (extensively with Linux).
- 5+ years of server administration experience in a large networked environment.
- Experience of open source software understanding, Linux- Ubuntu / CentOS, Windows Server, Antivirus, Ticketing systems, Citrix Xen.
- Expert in Web Servers, Database & cluster administration, Radius, Active Directory, Radius, Single Sign-on, Google Apps, FTP, file servers.
- Intermediate understanding of DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, LDAP directory, oAuth & SAML