CEO at Masters India
Views:3879 Applications:199 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Masters India - Solution Architect - Full Stack (8-12 yrs)
Your role is to assure the successful execution of the company's business mission through development and deployment of the company's Tax and accounting solution. This requires envisioning the company's service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth. You shall play the role of an architect, a thinker, a researcher, a tester and a tinkerer.
We are looking for a full-stack experienced senior software engineer with deep domain expertise in tax, accounting, or finance domain. The candidate should be able to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. You will see the - big picture- and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
You should have a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. You should be experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for the application
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
Strategy & Planning :
- In partnership with the company's founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization's resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment :
- Collaborate with the founders and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company's services as a web application.
- Collaborate with a User Experience Designer and potential customers to prepare wireframes or mockups of a prototype of the company's web application.
- As a member of the senior management team, participate in the selection of a graphic designer who will create the company corporate identity and design the web application's look and feel. Ensure that the graphic designer has sufficient web experience, follows guidelines established in the User Experience design process, and delivers assets that can be easily adapted to web requirements.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement a design as web pages using CSS and XHTML conforming to web standards.
- Select or define the company's software development methodology.
- Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and the User Experience design.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current best practices for the selected web framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement the application.
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Evaluate and select web application hosting providers.
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- As a member of the senior management team, establish a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function. Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
Operational Management :
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers- blogs!).
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
- Ensure the company's internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Promote achievement of the company's business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication (online or offline).
Position Requirements :
Knowledge & Experience :
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (PHP, C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mind-set with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Preferred: Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
Personal Attributes :
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If this is you, you should probably apply.
Company Profile: www.mastersindia.co