Maria/MySQL DBA Expert - Backup & Recovery (5-15 yrs)
Our Client is a US based IT company exclusively serving their parent organisation(a well known brand in US).
Job Responsibilities :
- 5-10 yrs of Experience in MYSQL/Maria DB DBA who can help our client with the monitoring, maintenance and performance tuning while ensuring high levels of data availability and speed.
- You will trouble shoot DB bottle necks and help optimize the DB servers in order to get the most out of them. Will also want someone with knowledge of DB clustering and the ability to perform database load testing and benchmarking. Someone with vast knowledge of Linux and systems administration level Shell Scripting.
Knowledge and skill :
- Writing reliable and efficient code, queries, stored procedures, cursors, triggers and scripting in MariaDB/MySQL platforms
- Experience administering different MySQL/Maria db table/join/engine types
- Experience with MySQL/Mariadb replication, high performance content delivery, performance tuning/optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
- 5+ years of experience with Maria db & MySQL as a Database Administrator in a production environment
- Experience with checking for data consistency between master and slaves.
- Solid understanding and experience in disaster recovery and high availability, planning, and implementations.
- Troubleshoot database issues; maintain database systems availability and scalability
- Experience with installation, configuration and upgrades of Maria db & MySQL.
- Experience with Maria db & MySQL backup and restore. Experience with schema refresh and database creation
- Experience with PL/SQL Programing, Triggers, Events and Procedures.
- Provide possible daily support as well as on-call support for Maria db & MySQL environment, migrations, and upgrades, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-term hardware and storage requirements.
- Production database administration skills with Maria db & MySQL are a plus Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to troubleshoot problems over the phone, and via email.
- Database Replication expertise & Couchbase server expertise.
- Should have good Knowledge of MYSQL Server Clustering, Replication, and
- Conduct a walkthrough of database design including the entire architecture, physical logical schema, selection of storage engines innoDB, MyISAM, NDBCLUSTER, coding of stored procedures triggers prior to deploying solution.
- Should have expertise in planning and implementing MySQL Server security, database permissions, Backup/Recovery, Client/Server Connectivity and running
- Database Consistency Checks.