Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:121 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Software Engineering - Payments/Fintech Domain (10-15 yrs)
Software Skills : Angular, React, Node, Python, Java, GoLang Candidate should be a designated Engineering Manager handling Mobile Development teams (min 2+ Years as EM). Candidates only from Fintech company building products including Wallet, Pay-later, payment options.
Engineering Manager Duties and Responsibilities :
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert for Payments / Fintech PODs in the software engineering team of the client.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations
- Build leaders within the team and functional area and lead by example and emphasis onboard, organizational-wide initiatives.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss about new ideas and any issues.
Engineering Manager Requirements and Qualifications :
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Good background building Fintech Product (Wallet, Pay-later and other payment options)
- Tech Stack: Pref - Angular, Node, React, Python, GoLang
- Good hands-on experience on various design and architecture aspects
- Strong background in Agile and working closely with product management
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team