Recruitment Head at Magic Crate
Views:163 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Magic Crate - Product Design Lead - Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop (5-15 yrs)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT MAGIC CRATE
Magic Crate (www.magiccrate.in) is a start-up founded by alumni from IIT, IIM and NID that is backed by industry veterans. It designs, develops and delivers boxes/crates to people's home every month on a subscription basis. The boxes contain high quality material and instructions for age appropriate hands-on fun activities that children in the age group of 2-12 years can do with their parents.
For ages 2-8 years, these activities, in the area of science, arts and crafts, and imaginative play foster children's curiosity, creativity, thinking ability and interest in reading. For the 2 older age segments (8-10 years, 10-12 years); Magic Crate works on creating path breaking products through which children get to explore and understand abstract concepts of science and math in innovative, intuitive and interactive ways. Besides this, there is also ongoing work on digital platforms to integrate and extend the learning from physical products, thereby making it an immersive experience.
Magic Crate already works with several alumni from India's top design schools who have done very interesting, original and high impact design work for us across product lines.
Work Profile - Product Design Lead (Early childhood segment)
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, talented and enthusiastic individual from Product Design or Toy/Game Design to design for young children aged 2-6 years. The Design Lead for our early childhood segment has to be someone who is passionate about designing for pre-schoolers and has a great understanding of early childhood skills, education methodology and child psychology. Prior work experience at design houses / toy brands associated with play or early childhood education (example: Shumee, Skola, Funskool, Fisher Price and the likes) is an important pre-requisite.
Educational Qualifications Engineer + Masters in Product Design/Industrial Design/Toy & Game Design/Interaction Design from NID, MIT, IIT or DJAD with 5+ years experience after MDES.
Selected applicants shall have the following responsibilities: Leading and managing a team of junior designers for the following :
- Market Research and user analysis to direct product portfolio for the pre-school age segment
- Being up to date with latest trends in the business of play, entertainment and education
- Ideation and Concept generation for educational play products based on the above
- Rapid prototyping of short-listed concepts
- Design led by validated design principles and safety standards for young children
- Integrating individual product ideas and collateral into great marketable stories
- Rigorous and iterative target user study
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT MAGIC CRATE
Copyright 2018 - Magic Crate. All rights reserved. www.magiccrate.in
- Assisting & participating in publication design intended for the age segment
- Improving existing product portfolio to make them eligible for exports and retail
- Contribution to other aspects of the business such as manufacturing, packaging, branding and content management
Required skill set :
- Strong working knowledge of design softwares : Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, SolidWorks, Rhino
- Rapid ideation/conceptualisation skills that balance practical and creative design
- Ability to envision unique and winning product ideas
- Hands on and 3D prototyping skills
- Strong graphic design skills sensitised towards young children
- Deep materials and manufacturing processes knowledge (esp. plastics, wood, paper)
- Sharp problem solving aptitude for design issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Team management and project leading experience
What the applicant can expect :
- An open canvas to put ideas into action, to take concepts and build them out for a rapidly scaling brand
- An opportunity to work closely with the founding team and field experts to lead the full product life cycle - all the way from ideation to commercialization
- The scope to work with a broad array of materials, manufacturing processes and product type
- Studio experience is a mandate
Interested candidate can apply with Portfolio link