Maersk - Platform Project Manager/Build Engineer - Infrastructure/Configuration Management (5-8 yrs)
Platform Project Manager - Build Engineer
Can you help us delivering a world-class Transport & Logistics infrastructure?
Part of Maersk Transport and Logistics - IT Support, Operations and Engineering (ITSOE) designs, delivers and supports sustainable infrastructure solutions to our Customers. We are building a dedicated ITSOE delivery team to service all our brands
The Maersk group employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.
We are seeking knowledgeable, proactive, talented, and industrious Platform Project Manager - Build Build Engineers who will work as part of a dynamic dedicated team to ensure we deliver infrastructure to support our Business while maintaining system integrity.
So if topics like infrastructure, core apps, service delivery, Agile, DevOps, capability building as well as stakeholder and people management sit well with you, we can offer unparalleled challenges and opportunities by taking ownership of a foundational piece of infrastructure in the world's largest container shipping company with the industry's strongest digitization agenda (https://www.maersk.com/stories/everything-will-be-digitised).
We Offer :
A unique opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Be part of a large scale system implementation, building a strong platform for a future career at Maersk IT and A.P. Mller Mrsk.
- Get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
- A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
- The job will be based in Pune, India. Some travel activity can be expected.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provisioning of servers through Self Service Cloud Portal
- Regular dialogue with Service Provider for Standard Service Request delivery as per SLA
- Work with service provider to pro-actively update blueprints and update patching on blueprints
- Regular engagement with Project Management, providing updates and delivering within specified deadlines
- Chair/participate in weekly/monthly governance meetings with Service Provider/Stakeholders
- Responsible for the delivery of the designed solution
- Carry out configuration changes in CMDB
- Incident Management of Cloud Portal during outage
- Release Management experience of working with Project Management to release environments for testing
We are looking for :
- Long process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Configuration Management tool experience, preferably Ansible or ServiceNow
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English
- Reporting and Agile collaboration tools experience e.g Jira, Confluence
- Experience of working with automation tools to perform server builds
- Infrastructure/Configuration Management
- Build/Release Management
- Strong Linux, Windows Servers and Cloud experience. experience with Python and/or other scripting languages highly desirable.
Exposure to working with cloud infrastructures.(esp. Microsoft Azure, highly desirable) In addition to above the suitable candidate has ideally :
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, or computer science
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- 3-5 years IT experience
- Worked within an Agile / DEVOPS teams
- Database experience, particularly Oracle
- SQL experience
- Weblogic experience
- Good Networking knowledge
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Microsoft Azure
- Enterprise Linux
- Windows 2012 and Windows 2016
- Linux RHEL 7
- Basic understanding on Cloud
- Stakeholder management
- Very good communication
- Middleware : Weblogic, prnq
- Oracle server, Sql server
- CLOUD: Microsoft Azure/ VMWare Cloud
- The ad should be well written and targeted to the key candidate group. The sections of the ad should be more or less the same length, properly spaced and visually appealing.
- The pictures should represent the business unit and type of role we are hiring for. Spelling and grammatical errors are not acceptable.