LogMeIn - Staff Software Engineer - Java/J2EE (8-10 yrs)
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world's top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
- As a Staff Software Engineer in the Communication & Collaboration organization, you will play a key role in developing and maintaining complex Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) production software.
- The role requires strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting edge technical skills. This position will be responsible for projects that are complex, challenging and exciting.
- You will be part of a team in an agile environment, and by working closely with your team members, developers, architects, and other key stakeholders, you will implement functionality critical to our business success.
- You would be working on modern cutting-edge technologies to build a framework which will enable the other teams in the organization to develop, deploy and monitor the micro services on the AWS platform.
- At LogMeIn, our customers are our highest priority, and a customer-driven attitude is essential for resolving customer-reported issues in production
- You will design, implement and maintain highly scalable Java backend services.
- You will write efficient and maintainable software components, which are seamlessly integrated into the infrastructure of our leading products.
- Work independently and effectively, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and teamwork with geographically distributed teams
- Tryout new technical alternatives available in the market with POCs and influence the technical roadmap of the project
- Accurately scope the development and execution efforts, and complete projects on time with good quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of directly related work experience; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education; 5+ years of experience in the software release cycle
- Strong software engineering experience, analytical and troubleshooting skills; including, thorough knowledge of the entire development lifecycle
- You have proven Java, J2EE skills, and experience with current frameworks (Spring, Spring Cloud, MicroServices, etc).
- You have proven experience in AWS technologies (EC2, EKS, ECS, Route53, Lambda, S3, ELB etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Configuration Management tools, CICD, and related tools (GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes and Docker).
- You have a sound understanding of software architecture and design pattern.
- Experience with Netflix OSS (Eureka, Hystrix, Zuul, Feign, Ribbon) is preferred
- Experience with Wavefront, AppDynamics, cadvisor, Collectd, and Dropwizard is preferred
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are always learning, are creative and open to new ideas as innovation is critical to our success