Linux Kernel Developer - ARM/Embedded (4-8 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- A Linux Developer with experience in embedded Linux runtime environment (Debian preferred).
- The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development expertise with the major aspects of embedded Linux (embedded HW architectures, the Linux kernel, build environments, etc.).
- The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions.
- The candidate must also be comfortable working in a team environment and working directly with partners and customers. On occasion, travel may be required to meet with community organizations, partners, and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE :
- Applicant should possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electrical/Computer/Software engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Applicant must have at least 6 years of experience developing software for Linux systems (opportunities exists also for those having more or less experience, but at least 4 years).
Applicant must have significant experience one of more of the following :
- Experience with Debian Linux. Including packages, build environment and integration.
- Real-Time Linux
- Linux kernel and kernel module development
- Linux driver development (e.g. usb, block, character, wireless, network stack)
- Linux kernel debugging skills (e.g. kgdb, lttng, systemtap, jtag, etc.)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management
- Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
In addition to above, applicant should possess several of the following :
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience in version control tools like GIT
- Experience in Linux build systems: Openembedded, Yocto (Poky), Debuild, etc
- Knowledge of Linux user-space environments
- Strong English communication
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced multi-national engineering environment
- Experience with x86_64 and/or ARM/ARM64 architectures
- Experience in usage of debugging targets JTAG, BDI
- Customer facing experience
Job Duties :
- Implement and maintain a Debian based distribution aimed at Industrial applications.
- Work cross functionality across multiple groups, geographies and timezones.
- Port the Linux kernel to new boards and uprev BSPs to new kernel versions
- Work with customers directly to get issues localized and resolved
- Design and implement services built upon software products, open source components, and/or custom platforms
- Create functional design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product documentation and provide appropriate input to other parties involved in various projects
- Track main open source community efforts and specific projects that potential customer engagements may rely upon. Become an authoritative voice on those topics.
- Participate in the community and upstream relevant work.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.