HR Recruiter at Keminntek Consultancy Services
Views:74 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Linux Administrator - File System/Shell Scripting (5-7 yrs)
Job Description :
- Account creation and administration
- Disk space management (LVM)
- Administration and troubleshooting
- Package and patch installation
- Operating system configuration (kernel parameter changes)
- Software installations
- File system usage analysis and remediation
- Troubleshooting issues (backup failures, system accessibility problems, poor system performance, network connectivity problems, file transfer failures, high resource utilization scenarios, unanticipated system reboots, etc.)
- Interact professionally and respectfully with the user community and colleagues and with focus on customer service
- Troubleshoot performance, availability and functionality issues.
- Determine root cause of these issues and provide suggestions on how to avoid them in the future.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and system outages promptly. Drive resolution to these incidents efficiently and with sensitivity to the defined Service Level Agreements (SLA- s)
- Communicate clearly and effectively via varying methods (face to face, phone, email, etc.)
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Create shell scripts to assist/automate administration tasks
- Assist with maintenance & of departmental documentation (e.g. run books, policies, procedures, processes)
- Escalate to the appropriate people when needed (and to have a clear understanding when it is needed)
- Provide off-hours support as needed
- Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions
- Troubleshoot application, O/S, and hardware problems for internal system
- Comfortable working in rotational shifts.
- ITIL and RHCE Certification is an added advantage.