Lead Engineer/Engineer III - DevOps/Backend Development - Python/Java/Golang - NIT/IIT/IIIT/VIT (3-10 yrs)
About the Employer :
- Their mission is to dramatically simplify infrastructure operations for our customers running SaaS in the public cloud.
- Founded in 2019
- Currently 1-15 employees in the US
- Domain : Technology Infrastructure Information Systems
- Headquarters address : Mountain View, CA
- Their vision is to build an automation platform that offers "Remediation as a Service" for companies operating SaaS in a public cloud. We believe that cloud operations in its entirety can be offered as a service (ala Cloud Ops as a Service).
- They are still in stealth, so their website does not have any information at this point. You can apply for the job and we'll reach out to tell you more about the company.
- They are setting up their team in Bangalore.
- Founding team comes with the experience of working at companies like VMware, Facebook, Cloudera and have been an entrepreneur in the past. And have seen the companies getting acquired by a giant.
- Three out of two have a Ph.D. in deep systems and data science.
Job Overview :
- They are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join their Engineering team to develop the MVP of their first product.
- They're looking for someone who is a hands-on developer with rich experience in building backend services for Web applications.
- Ideally, this person should have experience in enterprise application development, Web services frameworks, and REST APIs.
- They must be competent in working in an agile environment with little supervision.
Tech stack : Python, Serverless, AWS Lambda, NoSQL, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Terraform
- Be able to understand given functional requirements and service design specifications.
- Develop one or more backend services or API Gateway for our Web application platform.
- Design and develop necessary tests and test-automation suites.
- Follow software development methodologies in an agile environment.
- Follow design principles and best practices to ensure software performance and scalability.
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of the developed products and platforms.
- Debug and fix problems identified in testing or reported from the field.
- Follow directions from the project manager, give status updates, and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve the quality of the solutions and apply best practices as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or related fields.
- Min 3+ years of experience in backend enterprise application development.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience in Scrum/Agile development methods and project management tools like Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hands-on experience with the following software/tools is desired :
- Proficient in one or more modern programming languages, like Python, Go, Java, etc.o Experience in designing and implementing databases supporting a backend service.
- Experience with building and testing application services with REST APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD automation frameworks like Jenkins.
- Experience in using code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with deploying and running applications in cloud environments such as AWS.
Familiarity with the following technologies is strongly preferred :
- Experience with building and running applications as microservices in Docker containers.
- Experience using cluster orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes.
- Experience using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Prometheus, Datadog, or ELK stack.
- Experience building serverless applications using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, or certain serverless frameworks.
- DevOps experience in managing and supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications using cloud provider APIs or CLIs.