Layout Manager - Mixed Signal (10-17 yrs)
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Leading a large team of full-time and contract senior layout designers.
- Assessing schedule, floor plan, and risks to analog/mixed-signal macros.
- Leading and tracking layout schedules, and hiring additional designers to the team as needed. Identifying and prioritizing project tasks and risks
- Working cross functionally with CAD, process technology and circuit design teams in flow improvements, next generation process evaluations and execution
- Understanding complex layout design concepts, theory, and tradeoffs, and integrating them into the layout methodology
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- Typically requires at least of 10+ years of actual hands on analog/mixed-signal and digital layout experience, and at least 7+ years of management experience
- Should have a high level of proficiency at LVS, DRC debugging
- Should have a high level of proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports
- Should have a high level proficiency/knowledge of MENTOR graphics and CADENCE layout entry tools
- Programming skills in any of the following are a plus : Skill, Python or Perl, etc.
- Strong technical and analytical background, etc. Experience with conflict resolution and ability to build consensus between various stakeholders
- Past experience with leading large layout teams
- Strong ability to build, and continuously develop a premier analog/mixed-signal layout team
- Dedicated self starter with excellent communication and analytical skills, and ability to work across interpersonal groups