Executive Headhunter - Corporate at Landmark Group
Views:119 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Landmark Group - Oracle Retail Store Solution Architect (7-11 yrs)
Job Overview :
This person is responsible and accountable for the application architecture / Solution Design of all components within the Oracle Retail Store Solution domain including but not limited to ORPOS/ORCO/ORBO.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities :
- Accountable for the application architecture of all components within the ORSS systems domain including but not limited to ORSS.
- Collaboratively work with the application technology and Project teams to devise a design and implementation that supports project goals and objectives.
- Responsible for extending ORPOS/ORBO/ORCO functionalities to meet future business needs ensuring the architecture advances the overall architecture while exposing services to the enterprise.
- Work with development teams and software vendors to define proper solutions and methods for extending the system either via code or configurations.
- Communicate effectively with business and technical executives, technical specialists, strategists, developers and project managers.
- Document and advocate the system solution architecture for ORPOS/ORCO/ORBO (collaborating with solution architects, technical architects, integration architects, data architects, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with other architects, project teams, and impacted development teams to influence appropriate and sustainable technology architecture decisions for the Loyalty space.
- Support the authoring of functional and technical designs ensuring requirements have been met and architecture principles have been adhered to.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and security teams to ensure ORSS systems adherence with non-functional requirements around security, stability, sizing, supportability, etc.
- Drive and influence architecture principles on the Development Team throughout a project lifecycle from the definition phase through development, testing, deployment and sustainment.
- Leverage partnerships with vendors to ensure the efficient and architecturally sound implementation of software products and enhancements.
- Be a visionary: lead the way in using technology to achieve competitive capabilities for our company.
Primary Work Arrangements :
- This role will be individual or Siebel ORSS Solution Architect, while leveraging Solution Architect from any needed area.
- This role will collaborate with Project Manager, Enterprise Architect, Business & System Analyst, Deployment team, Development Team, Application and Infrastructure Management, as needed, to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
Education and Training : This role requires bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science.
- Minimum 8 to 11 years of experience in ORPOS/ORBO/ORCO and 1 years as Solution Architect role.
- In-depth experience in ORPOS/ORCO/ORBO - Architecture, E2E implementing ORSS solutions as per standards.
- Excellent experience creating Solution and Technical design.
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Must to have :
- Strong knowledge in ORSS/Retail Architecture and Data Model and proficient with ORSS Tools and Client in configuration and customization of ORPOS/ORBO/ORCO Objects at multiple levels.
- Strong knowledge in ORPOS Architecture and Data Model Good grip on OPROS/ORBO/ORCO Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Integration with third party Applications like RMS, SIM, Siebel CRM modules are added advantages
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Good Communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent grip on Core-JAVA, J2SE, J2EE, Microservices architecture,
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, Write well designed, testable, efficient code, Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review requirements,
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
- Extensive exposure with Solution Design team, Business Analysts, Performance & Architecture, Business Users Group and QA teams and provided assistance to the Project Management Teams implementing new business processes with excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Engage with different teams - Design, Solution Architecture, Design Assurance, and Testing - as applicable
- At least two End-2-End implementation experiences of a ORPOS/ORBO/ORCO / good customization experience.
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodology.
Good to have :
- Groovy, Grails, Micro services, SOAP and Restful web services.
- Database Knowledge : MySQL, Oracle 10G/11G, MongoDB
Tools Knowledge : Git, Maven, Net Beans, Eclipse, Soap UI, STS, IntelliJ IDEA, SVN, VSS, CVS, Ant, Putty, Mantis, Jira, Manage Engine, Bugzilla
- Application Server JBoss 4.2 above, Tomcat 5.0 above, Oracle Application
- Server 10.1, WebLogic Application Server 7.2 above
- Familiarity with Big Data, Hadoop, Hadoop Administration, Spark, Scala, Casandra, Good grasp of Software Architecture, Solution Architecture, Design patterns, TDD and SDLC.
Key Behaviors and Competencies :
- Should be able to work in Team and on need basis contribute individual as well.
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others.
- Proven experience in leading delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment.
- 7+ years of experience with a tier 1 commercially available POS systems e.g. NCR, Toshiba, PCMS, ORPOS, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global and regional environment.
- Ability to influence transformational architectural and application strategy thinking.
- Experience working on complex projects with multi-tier architecture in a global and regional environment, enabling enterprise grade service architecture.
- Keep abreast of technology trends in the retail industry and work with business partners and IT leadership to identify relevant implementation opportunities to anticipate and meet business needs and improve operational efficiencies.
- Experience with payment gateways and payment processors.
- Possess great problem solving and analytical skills
- Must possess a high degree of professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT related concepts effectively with senior leadership.
- Be resilient: keep learning and growing
- Experience participating in solution design streams of major IT programs.
- Ability to advise on and partner with teams on solutions across the broader IT portfolio including but not limited to signage, digital, web, CRM, and loyalty systems.
- Technical knowledge and hands on experience in supporting a retail business. Identify and resolve technical issues and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge of delivery working within an omni-channel/digital environment.
- Knowledge in developing strategic information systems plans, roadmaps, and release cycles.
- Knowledge/understanding of full-serve or quick-serve restaurant solutions including customer facing kiosk software (e.g. NCR Aloha).
- Experience with POS hardware and peripherals.
- Good understanding of coding methods and best practices including a solid understanding of service oriented architectural principles and systems.
- Knowledge of database design and management techniques.
- Experience in working with retail engineering teams as well as retail support principles and practices.
- Knowledge and expertise of PCI/SOX compliance, transaction processing, and related retail standards.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.