L1 Support Engineer (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- The Help Desk Support Level 1 responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users.
- The role includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps.
Roles And Responsibilities :
- Functions as the first line of support for the end user, establish processes document resolutions for future reference.
- Review route calls and escalates issues to other personnel.
- Apply your expertise in resolving less complicated problems immediately, Assists with problem triage, resolution and/or escalation.
- This Job requires working in different Shifts including a night on a rotational basis.
Skills / Competencies :
- Experience in performing PC upgrades and hardware maintenance
- Experience in working with Windows 7/ 8/ 10 OS
- Experienced in Incident tracking system is mandatory.
- Accurately log issues, understand and interpret the problem or question presented
- Reallocate problem calls to an alternative relevant support group, aware of adheres to escalation procedures and records the action(s) taken and follow up on deferred actions
- Should have experience working with and uses a trouble ticket help desk system
Special Requirement For The Role :
- 2+ years of experience supporting laptop and desktop applications, hardware issues, and IP connectivity in a Windows environment.
- Ability to use remote desktop tools for remote assistance.
- Should have experience in installation of Printers and all PC peripherals
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals in various challenging situations.
- Very detailed in documenting technical issues in email/ticket tracking system.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- The desire to continue advancing technical skills and knowledge.
- Certified in ITIL foundations.
- Good to have certificates in Windows MCSA / MTA and Redhat RHCSA.
- Any experience in AWS is an added advantage.