KayZen Group - Java Developer/Master Programmer - Banking (4-15 yrs)
Banking Technology - Java Developers & Master Programmers
Job Description : CIB - Equities FST - Core Java Developer
Location : Mumbai or Bengaluru
Level : Various (Manager to Vice President)
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office Risk Management and Compliance Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 250+ organization and covers the following functions
- Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
- Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
- Compliance Technology
- Shares Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
The underlying technology for building out the solution and the components will be primarily Core Java.
Role and Responsibility Description:
We are looking for strong technologists to join the Flow Sales and Trading team in Mumbai & Bengaluru. Candidates will be expected to be best of breed software engineers; possess strong inter-personal skills as well as proven track record of delivering projects with highest code quality and timeliness.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- The development of the strategic trade management platform for middle office and re-engineering/enhancing the current stacks as well
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Adhere to test driven development - writing clean code with appropriate unit tests and automated end to end tests as well
- Analyze and understand the business requirements clearly to come up with clean solutions promptly
- At least 4 years of experience in developing software using Core Java technologies - candidates having experience in C/C++ are also welcome, but they must have at least 4 years of experience in Core Java technologies.
- Strong Core Java developers (Java Server side), Multi-threading, Design Patterns, Spring, Messaging, JMS, Database, Sybase, FIX Protocol, Test Automation, Test Driven Development, etc. Exposure to Highly Performant Front Office OMS's.
- We are looking for candidates who have very good experience in UI technologies as well. Candidates having Java Swing experience along with strong core-Java skills are also welcome.
- Candidates must be strong in fundamentals of programming - just using the readily available frameworks for development would not suffice.
- Must have good understanding of the fundamentals of multi-threading and experience in working with multi-threaded servers.
- Investment banking experience is not mandatory, but good to have - candidates from other domains are also welcome.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Equities Business Knowledge especially in Flow Sales and Trading environment. And good understanding of the end to end flow viz., front office - middle office - back office.
- Knowledge of maven and TeamCity, Spring framework
- Good understanding of UNIX system, shell or perl scripting, windows scripting.
- Understanding of source control repository and Database (SQL queries )
- Middleware technologies like MQ, QPID.
- Knowledge of XML and FIX protocol is a plus.
- Knowledge of TT, JMS and EMS is a plus.
- Securities Trade and Position Management.
- Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bright and enthusiastic, self starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good presentation and influential skills