Talent Acquisition Partner at JustAnswer
Views:510 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
JustAnswer - Quality Assurance Automation Engineer - Manual/API Testing (4-8 yrs)
The JustAnswer Promise :
It's not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission to help people. Not every job of yours would give you the satisfaction of having made a direct impact on someone's day or life. If these things matter to you, then JustAnswer is the place to be. While we strive together to make world a better place, one question at a time, we promise you that you would discover a newer version of you who has explored and exploded the known horizon of your potential, who is not afraid of failures and who has embraced learning as a way of life.
We are a San-Francisco based company founded in 2003 and since then we have been democratizing the way professional services have been delivered by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget in 700 plus categories. In the last 15 years we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Intrigued? Click here.
With 320+ employees spread around 3 continents and with a fabulous Glassdoor rating of 4(Oh yes, check it out here ),we are growing at an amazing pace. And here are our simple hiring criteria- Smart. Fun. Get things done. If you think, you have it in you, read further and know more about the role. In the meanwhile. welcome to our website too.
Team : JA India Engineering Team: As one of the first members of the JA India engineering team, you would get the opportunity to grow and develop a department of Quality Assurance Professionals tackling some of the internet's most challenging problems. Our Quality Assurance team is a tight knit group that is not only dedicated to building a high-quality experience for our customers, but also an efficient development environment for our engineering group. Daily scrums, sprints, and sizing help guarantee smooth weekly product releases.
QA Automation Engineer :
As an Automation QA Engineer, you will work with an agile development team and will be working in a team of quality assurance professionals who write and automate functional test cases for products your team develops.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools and, passion for quality processes.
- Experience or demonstrated ability in working in an automated testing pipeline (integration + system + functional + use case validation) driven by a Continuous Integration framework.
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation frameworks
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Assess and identify causes of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in QA processes and propose solutions.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Oversee the development and execution of test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Attend daily scrum and team meetings (backlog grooming, brainstorming/ideation, sizing/planning, retrospective) for the creation and delivery of new software features.
- Determine when features are ready for release based on quality standards.
- Track defects.
- Collaborate and communicate with engineering, product, UX, and management teams in both the United States and Ukraine
Job specifications :
- Minimum of 4 years-8 years experience in Quality Assurance.
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and SDLC.
- Experience with C#, NUnit and Selenium WebDriver
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to test using both ad-hoc methods and documented test cases
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
Good to Have :
- Experience with SQL, JMeter, and API testing
- Ability to travel to US and Ukraine on occasion
- Experience with continuous integration