Associate Consultant at Huquo
Views:440 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Junior Software Engineer - C++/Distributed Computing (1-3 yrs)
Educational Background :
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree in computer science from a reputable university.
- Exposure to trading is desirable, though not required
- A background or interest in building large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications is desired.
- Experience working in HFT firm is desirable
Key Skills :
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns and best practices.
- Experience with parallel and distributed computing.
- Experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded applications using C++.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and UNIX shell.
- Experience collaborating on large software projects.
- Find below few additional pointers you could share with candidates.
- Depending on their interest they could work on any/all of the below fields.
- Work on latest hardware to further reduce latency(Latest network card and their features, latest processor architecture and OS).
- Detailed study of memory profile of the software to figure out how to further reduce cache misses or further optimize data structures being used.
- Work on simulators to back test strategy performance.
- Work on new exchange adapters for Market data as well as for order routing.
- Work on strategy development which would include working on large data sets and machine learning concepts.