HR Recruiter at Talent Fishers India Pvt Ltd
Views:102 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Junior Software Development Engineer - Test - Mobile Testing - Selenium/Appium (6-7 yrs)
Job Description : Junior QA Automation Engineer
Job Summary :
- It is a start-up headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with additional offices located in India and China.
- We are in the Ed-Tech space, focusing on children's early literacy.
- It is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at our Mumbai, India office.
- This individual will be a part of our engineering team and will concentrate on testing and qualifying many aspects of software products.
- This ranges from SDKs on various mobile platforms (some with integrations to hardware/firmware), to REST APIs provided by our Cloud Services, to web applications, to mobile applications.
- The primary duties of the SDET will include writing/documenting test cases by reading/reviewing feature and Product designs, executing test cases (both manual and automated), reporting and following up on bugs and their fixes, contributing to automation frameworks, and developing automated tests.
- Additional duties will include participating in growing the QA team, mentoring other members of the QA team, providing feedback on the readiness of releases, and occasional other projects.
- The successful candidate will be skilled in manual software QA testing and have had experience with automated test development and execution.
- Experience in testing mobile applications - either iOS or Android - is highly desired.
- Previous experience with Products that have a hardware component is a plus.
- Experience testing SDKs is a plus.
- It is a multi-national company and engineering works across teams in our US, China, and Mumbai offices; some amount of flexibility to take calls outside of core work hours will be needed.
- The team is fun-loving, quirky, and full of self-starters.
- There is opportunity to work on many, varied platforms and types of software (consumer, mobile, cloud infrastructure, client, server, etc.).
- We are looking for someone who values working independently but with the support of a skilled and diverse group of individuals.
- You should be motivated, enjoy a collaborative work environment, and want to have an impact on the world, we help children learn how to read!!!
- This position reports to the QA Manager.
Job Responsibilities :
- Performing a combination of manual and automated testing
- Developing automated test cases for mobile app
- Contributing to creating, enhancing, and maintaining the automation frameworks
- Reviewing product and feature designs to create test cases and test scenarios
- Reporting defects in our defect tracking tool; tracking issues through their life cycle
- Providing feedback on release readiness
- Creating and executing test cases
- Participating in the creation of testing strategies, plans, and project documentation
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork while ensuring timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the team
- Mandatory hands-on experience in mobile testing
- Previous experience using test automation tools such as Selenium, Webdriver, and/or Cucumber
- Good to have experience on Appium tool
- Prior hands-on experience with at least one object-oriented language, such as Java, .Net, Ruby, etc.
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycle
- Previous experience using source control tools such as GIT, SVN, Bit Bucket
- Previous experience using bug tracking tools such as Jira or Bugzilla
- Solid knowledge of testing and software development practices in mobile and online applications and methodologies, and defect management practices
- Solid understanding of diverse technologies and distributed systems, with the ability to understand and acquire new technical skills.
- Experience working on Agile Projects and exposure to collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid knowledge and experience in mobile testing on iOS and/or Android platforms
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal support and quick learning
- Likes to work collaboratively
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Have worked on shipping a product
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working on a product with a hardware or firmware component
- Experience working with teams in remote offices
- Prior startup experience
- Experience shipping multiple products simultaneously
- Experience working on a consumer product