HR Consultant at Umana HR Services
Views:154 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Junior Engineer - Media Server - Python/C++/AWS (1-3 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Excellent hands-on engineer to work on developing the next generation of media server software.
- A developer in this role is an integral part of a core team of talented software engineers committed to the development of a fast and quality way of video sharing service that will revolutionize the video sharing technology over the internet.
- This role involves a significant contribution to the development of server-side components which includes a learning opportunity of developing products in the video streaming space.
- Good hands on experience with AWS.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++, Python
- Experience and knowledge with AWS services such as Lambda, EFS, auto scaling, load balancing etc
- Experience in Docker Software and provisioning dockerized application is highly preferable
- Experience in following components is highly desirable :
a) Web Servers : Apache, Nginx
b) Databases : MySql, redis, mongoDB, Firebase
c) Python frameworks : Django, Flask
d) Source control : Git
e) REST APIs
- Strong understanding of, memory management, file I/O, network, concurrency and multithreading.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Understand the existing components developed in the video streaming space.
- Learning opportunity to work on scalable video deployments.
- Proactive in creating a multi-paradigm engineering culture by working with a cross-functional team placed locally and globally.
- Mobile Application Backend development.
- Maintain and extend existing software components developed in the Media Server software.
What You Bring to the Table :
- Experience with Python, node.js, cloud functions etc
- Experience with AWS services and Github
- Experience in S3 or other storage / CDN services
- Use of Agile and Jira tools
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering