JLT GROUP - Senior Data Science Specialist - NLP/Machine Learning (5-10 yrs)
Department Knowledge Services
Location Powai - Mumbai
Job Title : Senior Specialist- Data Science (NLP & Deep Learning)
Reports to : Senior Manager
The Firm JLT India is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Jardine Matheson owned Jardine Lloyd Thompson group (JLT). The group is in the business of Employee Benefits, Insurance Broking and risk consulting and has its presence through 110 companies in over 36 countries.
Team A key member of the reinsurance team, a team responsible for delivering high quality research and development to JLT group companies globally. The individual is tasked to come up with multiple use-cases using existing and external data for JLT and prove business value by leveraging sophisticated deep learning algorithms as well as data science techniques.
Role Description :
Role Requirements :
- We are looking for senior data scientist with experience in building scalable solution by leveraging Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep learning techniques.
- The incumbent should be hands-on in building algorithms that can help in parsing and matching unstructured and semi-structured publication data, in the insurance domain.
- Develop scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and implementation.
- Create lexical semantic resources for NLP-based applications.
- Apply ontologies to NLP applications by using statistics, NLP, and machine learning techniques.
- Strong foundation in the object detection, image analysis, image segmentation and deep learning (CNN, Auto encoders, GAN, RNN, LSTM, GRU, RBM etc.)
- Work independently and cooperatively with other members in reinsurance team globally to identify data science use cases valuable for business
- Collaborate with reinsurance team for complete lifecycle from idea generation, through development and deployment and help in estimating the cost of building production ready solutions using NLP and deep learning algorithms
- Hands on experience in supervised machine learning techniques and algorithm, such as various clustering algorithm, dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Analysing large amount of insurance data, both by extraction from internal systems and external data to augment by researching
Technical Skills :
- At least 5 years experience in machine learning, deep learning and predictive modelling using Python/Julia with strong data structure and algorithmic skills
- Hands-on experience in building AI solutions like chatbots, and applications using C# .Net front-end and deep learning NLP model in back-end like NLTK
- Experience in Tensorflow/Theano/PyTorch/Caffe/Keras or similar deep learning frameworks
- Have excellent SQL and data ingestion experience, and is able to leverage multiple open-source tools to manage the data
- The data scientist should use innovative ways to capture information and be able to create efficient processes by using automation by VBA Macros/Python programming
- Proficiency in using query language such as SQL.
- Experience in working on cloud technologies like MS Azure stack would be preferred
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Casandra, Hadoop would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of advanced visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Previous experience in creating products for insurance domain (General Insurance i.e., Property & Casualty) industry is ideal, preferably working as data scientist in an insurance company/brokerage or a KPO focussed in insurance analytics
General Skills - Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A high-minded team player
- Strong intellect with proficient commercial and entrepreneurial instinct
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge upwards
- Ability to adapt own work in a fast changing environment
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, break clich's and introduce a dynamic approach
Preferred candidate profile :
Prior Experience - NLP/AI/ML experience of at least 5 years
- We will prefer curious data scientists who are active problem solvers on Kaggle (Master/GrandMaster level) or Analytics Vidya ranking
- The candidate should be actively contributing to the data science community and participate in several Hackathons
- Any experience in insurance/reinsurance domain would be preferred