CoFounder & Business Head at Peopleton Solutions
Views:493 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Java Developer - Product Development (3-8 yrs)
Job Description :
Senior Product Development Engineer to develop and own enhancements/bug fixes of as part of the technical team.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities -
- Write good quality code (Java/J2EE) and follow best practices of development paradigm
- Take complete ownership of Functional/Technical components.
- Investigate and fix software problems and implement functional enhancements.
- Open and track change requests and resolve escalated bug incidents
- Test and release application fixes through various environments (dev/test/prod)
- Prepare project documentation as per product methodology and practices
- Follow good software configuration practices.
- Gives attention to detail and commitment to deadlines
- Work with Indian and US teams to refine specifications for application development or enhancement
- Perform other tasks or participate in other projects as required
- Develop code for Client Customizations and enhance data migration tools
Experience Range :
- 3 - 5 years for Product Development Engineer & 4 - 8 years for Senior Product Development Engineer.
Must Have :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent/MCA
- 2+ years of experience in Hibernate/JPA, Spring and Struts 2, Junits
- 1+ year of experience in angularJS/Jquery
- Good SQL knowledge with MS-SQL Server 2005/2012
- Experience with Tomcat 6+, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ
- Experience with Code versioning systems (CVS, SVN, Git) and project management/build automation tools (e.g. Maven, ANT)
- Experience in Agile development practices like Scrum
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Good to have :
- Experience with Atlassian product like Jira, Git, FishEye
- Exposure to development in AWS environment
- Exposure to containerization tools like docker
Soft Skills :
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural clients.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, Quick Learner and able to perform with less supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Process oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as individual environment.