Talent Acquisition Specialist at The Modern Dimension
Views:1607 Applications:228 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Java/Backend Developer - System Design (2-5 yrs)
About Rupeek :
- Rupeek is a Bengaluru based leading fintech start-up. Started as an asset-backed online lending platform, Rupeek is aiming to disrupt the traditional brick and mortar lending models. Since our public launch in 2015, we- ve cemented our position as the No.1 fintech startup in consumer lending space.
- We are Series-B funded, backed by top-tier investors. We are using the scale of the web and advances in computing, big data, machine learning and mobile to bring transformative financial innovation to the market. Our current engineering challenges are in the areas of credit risk modelling, fraud detection and automation of lending processes.
- This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic technology driven solutions for Rupeek, from the ground up!
- The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Rupee to evolve the design and architecture of the products. You will be responsible to setup and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
Why work with us?
- Engineering team consisting of past startup founders, IIT alumni and serial hackathon winners
- High standard of engineering quality and opportunity to work on a cutting edge tech stack
- Solve unique scalability challenges
- Learn how the India lending system works on the inside
- High impact role at fast paced growth company
You will :
- Work closely with Principal Engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact Rupeek's business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, Core Platform and Analytics.
- Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, distributed programming, Java and C/C++.
- Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end- users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems.
- Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
- Manage engineers on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
Some skills we consider critical :
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Experience in system design, distributed systems, relational and No-SQL databases.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Solid software development background including design patterns, algorithms, data structures, test driven development
- Any previous experience in working with Big Data or leveraging machine learning in improving consumer experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Few Good To Haves : Mix of startup and industry experience