HR Manager at Rolling Rock Software
Views:419 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
IT System/Security Administrator - MCSE/CISSP/CCNP/CISM (4-6 yrs)
IT Systems/Security Administrator
- Working as part of a team responsible for day-to-day operations of Rolling Rock Information Technology environment, the IT Systems/Security Administrator is responsible for managing all IT related security and safety issues within the client's IT environment.
- The IT Systems/Security Administrator will monitor security tools, system logs and other available resources to ensure that security controls comply with the client's security policies, security audit and certification requirements, and will notify management of deficiencies and track ongoing correction activities.
Responsibilities include :
- Performing information security continuous monitoring (ISCM) in accordance to mandatory guidelines, and any other applicable laws, rules, and regulations that apply to the client's systems.
- Implementing proper system patching to address security vulnerabilities and accurately reporting security incidents.
- Building, operating, and maintaining ISCM capability utilizing client equipment, software, and services.
- Configuring and monitoring network securities.
- Monitoring data and systems/network/cloud services, analyzing data, reporting findings, making recommendations, and responding to findings.
- Identify, track, and remediate vulnerabilities identified by security audit teams or by security tools.
- Standard Configurations: Setting up an alert, running a scan, or performing an assessment that then shows a system/network/service fallen out of standard configuration; returning the system to its standard configuration; and implementing updates to processes, procedures, and tools to ensure the standard configuration is maintained across the agency
- Vulnerabilities: Setting up an alert, running a scan, or performing an assessment that then shows a system/network/service has a vulnerability; remediating the vulnerability; and implementing updates to processes, procedures, and tools to ensure the vulnerability does not reoccur across the agency.
- Patching: Setting up an alert, running a scan, or performing an assessment that then shows a system/network/service has need of a patch, update, or upgrade; performing the patch, update, or upgrade; an implementing updates to processes, procedures, and tools to ensure the changes and improvements are maintained across the agency.
- Intrusion Detection: Tracking intrusion detection and protection systems and attacks; and reporting on the effectiveness of our security; make improvements to enhance our intrusion detection and security.
- Logs: Reviewing logs including audit, system, error, application, and other logs. Take appropriate actions and improvements to resolve the issues identified and prevent their reoccurrence.
This position will also assist the IT team in the following tasks :
- Administrate accounts for system users.
- Perform daily system administration tasks.
- Implement auditing and collection of system logs and monitoring activities.
- Communicate technical information effectively to clients and internal management.
- Provide timely and competent response to technology support requests.
- Provide monthly activity report and spend report by program.
- Project specific documentation as needed.
- Provide user support for application developers as well as administrative users.
- This position will be required to present technical information to senior management and may be required to supervise staff.
Minimum Required Skills :
- Must have at least 6 years- experience in IT Security and System Administration.
- Must have experience with Firewalls, Windows and Linux
- Experience with SIEM is a plus
- 5+ years of network administration experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or a related technical field.
- Demonstrated experience in defining security solutions for mission critical systems comprised of multi-tier web applications, enterprise messaging and web service-based applications and batch processing.
- Strong Knowledge of IT security principles
- Familiarity with network security techniques including virtual networking, IP routing, micro-segmentation using subnets and v-lans, firewall-based network ACLs.
- Demonstrated experience with information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks (ISO 27K, PCI, HITRUST, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
Preferred certifications :
- MCSE with Server 2016 or later by Microsoft or CCNP (current) by Cisco,
- CISSP or CISM
Job Type : Full-time
IT Security : 6 years (Preferred)
- Network Administration : 5 years (Required)
Education :- Bachelor's (Required)