HR Manager at Rolling Rock Software
Views:903 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
IT System Administrator - XenServer/VMware/Hyper-V (1-2 yrs)
IT Systems Administrator
- Maintain and upgrade IT systems at all locations; including firewalls, routers, switches, servers, PC's, printers, cabling and external communication circuits.
- Maintain Patches, Configurations and Backups of the systems.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as server virtualization (using Citrix XenServer or VMWare ESX/vSphere or Hyper-V) and/or application/desktop virtualization using (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop or VMware View/Horizon)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, registry settings, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and firewalls
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory including OU design and administration, GPOs, and site to site replication
- Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
- Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
- Ability to present solutions that were designed and implemented to high level management
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines along with associated deliverables
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and the ability to multi-task to deliver services using various technologies to multiple companies
- Experience working with different size firms (including small companies of less than 50 users to large companies of more than 1000 users) and datacenter environments
Pluses (not quite required) :
- Working knowledge of VDI using Citrix XenDestkop (inclusive of Provisioning Server, HDX technologies, USB device troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience working with monitoring and management solutions such as NOC software
- Experience with SQL Database and NoSQL
- Experience with Cisco based solutions such as router/switch implementation and VoIP based solutions
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices
- Experience with SSL VPNs including Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ASA, and Juniper solutions
- Scripting or programming experience
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Availability to participate in the on-call rotation and respond to after-hours on-call as primary and backup support. - Performs on-call duties as scheduled or when after-hours work as required.
- Communicate to others on the progress, notifications of impeding changes to planned outages
- Participates in day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of eServices infrastructure and applications to maintain high availability for all critical & member-facing systems.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, assisting in cabling and re-cabling infrastructure for all data centers, IDF closets, branch telco rooms, demarc, and other technology locations.
- Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Apple Way principles, of Team Up, Inspire Promoters, Challenge Yourself and Own It.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Performs other network/administrative job duties as assigned by the Manager of Infrastructure & Networks & AVP of Business Technology.
Qualifications-all required unless otherwise noted :
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related coursework preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience with Xen Server or VMWare product administration tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 1 years integrating and configuring VMWare infrastructure such as VMware vCenter, VMware DRS, VMware HA, VMware Converter, and VMware Update Manager.
- Minimum 2 year of experience with Citrix XenDesktop VDI technology.
- Citrix and Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills essential to computers, network systems and software.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Exceptional people skills and team orientation.