HR Manager at Rolling Rock Software
Views:537 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
IT System Administrator - Virtualization Technologies (8-12 yrs)
Rolling Rock Software creates digital transformation platform focused on improving customer experience through innovation with offices in US and India.
We enable companies and organizations around the globe to accurately authenticate customers, patients, users, things and employees through our patented technology and suite of products.
With an ever changing technology landscape, regulatory and interoperability requirements, product companies have to constantly innovate to stay competitive in the marketplace, Rolling Rock Software develops Innovative Software using Disruptive Technology.
Learn more about us at rollingrock.in
- Maintain and upgrade IT systems at all locations; including firewalls, routers, switches, servers, PC's, printers, cabling and external communication circuits.
- Maintain Patches, Configurations and Backup's of the systems.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as server virtualization (using Citrix XenServer or VMWare ESX/vSphere or Hyper-V) and/or application/desktop virtualization using (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop or VMware View/Horizon)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems, registry settings, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and firewalls
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory including OU design and administration, GPOs, and site to site replication
- Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
- Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
- Ability to present solutions that were designed and implemented to high level management
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines along with associated deliverables
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and the ability to multi-task to deliver services using various technologies to multiple companies
- Experience working with different size firms (including small companies of less than 50 users to large companies of more than 1000 users) and datacenter environments
Pluses (not quite required):
- Working knowledge of VDI using Citrix XenDestkop (inclusive of Provisioning Server, HDX technologies, USB device troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience working with monitoring and management solutions such as NOC software
- Experience with SQL Database and NoSQL
- Experience with Cisco based solutions such as router/switch implementation and VoIP based solutions
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices
- Experience with SSL VPNs including Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ASA, and Juniper solutions
- Scripting or programming experience
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Availability to participate in the on-call rotation and respond to after-hours on-call as primary and backup support. - Performs on-call duties as scheduled or when after-hours work as required.
- Communicate to others on the progress, notifications of impeding changes to planned outages
- Participates in day to day management, administration, and troubleshooting of eServices infrastructure and applications to maintain high availability for all critical & member-facing systems.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, assisting in cabling and re-cabling infrastructure for all data centers, IDF closets, branch telco rooms, demarc, and other technology locations.
- Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Apple Way principles, of Team Up, Inspire Promoters, Challenge Yourself and Own It.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Performs other network/administrative job duties as assigned by the Manager of Infrastructure & Networks & AVP of Business Technology.
Qualifications-all required unless otherwise noted:
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related coursework preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience with Xen Server or VMWare product administration tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 1 years integrating and configuring VMWare infrastructure such as VMware vCenter, VMware DRS, VMware HA, VMware Converter, and VMware Update Manager.
- Minimum 2 year of experience with Citrix XenDesktop VDI technology.
- Citrix and Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills essential to computers, network systems and software.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Exceptional people skills and team orientation.