Founder & Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:623 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
IT Specialist - Troubleshooting & Configuring (4-7 yrs)
Organizational Overview :
The organisation is is the wholly-owned subsidiary of, a global non-profit organisation with a mission to improve the human condition, is expanding its team in India, and is seeking a IT Specialist to be based out of their Delhi-India office.
Job Summary :
The IT Specialist will assist the Asia Regional ITS team in managing the IT infrastructure for India Office.
The IT Specialist is required to possess significant technical expertise and excellent communication skills. This position reports directly to the Director Finance and Operations, India for daily operations, and matrixed to Senior Manager, ITS International Regional Support for compliance to IT guidelines, regulations and technical matters.
Duties and Responsibilities :
The IT Specialist shall perform the following duties and responsibilities :
- To provide IT-related infrastructure and system support to India Office, including on internet access, network devices, file/database server, backup systems and other IT-related support tasks.
- To maintain servers at India office as follows :
- To ensure Windows Server and other software are maintained and that patches are promptly applied on all servers o To ensure that McAfee antivirus both the engine and signature files are kept up-to-date
- To ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with policies and procedures
- To maintain spare parts and carry out hardware repairs and restoration.
- To provide support in matters related to PC software and its peripherals (Win7 Pro, Win10 Pro Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Office 365 package, McAfee Suite, McAfee FDE, LANDesk, QuickBooks, Adobe products etc.) including :
- To ensure Windows, Mac OSX and other software are maintained and that patches are promptly applied on all computers.
- To ensure the McAfee anti-virus software is installed and that both the engine and signature files, are kept up-to-date
- To ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To ensure that only licensed software is installed on each end-user's computer. Every new installation must be reported to Asia Regional Office
- To provide user support on hardware-, networking- and software-related issues.
- To install and manage the configuring and troubleshooting of laptops/ desktops/ printers/ scanners/ Cisco VoIP/ Cisco Wireless System/ Video conferencing system/ CCTV/ Control access.
- To serve as the first port-of-call for the maintaining of network infrastructure including ISP, firewall, UPS and ethernet switches for India Office.
- To coordinate with the Administration Unit of India Office for IT Inventory Management and for conducting physical checks on a regular basis.
- To perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications :
- Education: Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (or its equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or other related fields.
- At least 6 years of experience in supporting a wide range of IT infrastructure systems in multiple locations
- Prior experience working on USAID- or AUSAID-funded programs or other international organizations in a senior-level IT support capacity would be an added advantage
Skills/ Competencies :
- Strong PC and Server support experience
- Demonstrated experience in or basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Office 365 package, MS Office 2013/2016, Win 7 Pro, Win 10 Pro, Mac OSX and McAfee anti-virus
- Good work ethics and strong desire to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- A customer service oriented individual
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Tact and discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Willing to keep abreast of available technology or to learn new technology; while at the same time understand applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English