Senior Consultant at Maquette Consulting
Views:423 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
IT Project Manager - PMP/Prince2 Certifications (8-15 yrs)
Hiring for a Consumer Durable client
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management - Assist in team management while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Project Management
- Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Post Graduate Degree in Information Technology or Computer Applications
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing enterprise-level software development projects using Agile or traditional methodologies with at least 8 years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams with on time and within budget delivery.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- PMP/Prince 2 certified or equivalent preferred.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-12 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, Process Champions from Business and QA Personnel
Balanced Business/Technical Background :
- Sufficient level of technical background (with hands-on experience on SAP/CRM/Web etc.) to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value