Industry Lead at Silverpeople
Views:143 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
IT Manager - Open Source Technologies (8-11 yrs)
Hiring for the Industry's Top Educational Institution which is one among the 6 Indian 'Institutes of Eminence' recognized by the Government of India. It is established across 4 campuses and has 15 academic departments. It focuses primarily on higher education in engineering and sciences and on its management program.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Key Activities) :
IT Operations :
1. Be a point of contact for users to address IT-related queries and issues
2. Help users use applications more effectively to carry out their activities
3. Work with various IT vendors on day to day operations, operational SLAs and issues
4. Work with IPC teams and Infra vendors to address infrastructure issues related to hardware, software and networks
5. Manage internal IT hardware and software inventory
Application Design, Development and Delivery :
1. Work with Internal stakeholders to identify IT requirements
2. Work with vendor teams to work on delivering on application design and development for the requirement.
3. Be conversant with Open Source technologies and in areas like Software Design, development, security and infrastructure.
4. Contribute as a team member to IT decision making.
Vendor Management :
1. Contribute to vendors selection and evaluation processes
2. Track quality and timeliness of vendor deliverables