Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:315 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
IT Manager - DevOps/Linux (6-9 yrs)
Overall Job Purpose :
- We are seeking an organized, efficient IT Manager to join our growing organization.
- In this position, you will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all information technology within the organization.
- You will carry out support and maintenance of existing applications, network infrastructure and development/implement of new solutions in the area digital security.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with technology and Dev-Ops team and Other Departments.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Leading the research on potential IT solutions in support of business strategy
- Identification, defining and execution of the strategic IT projects in line with organization strategy
- Working with product management stakeholders to define IT requirements for implementations
- Performing quality assurance of IT projects against established standards and practices
Technical Skills :
- Sound knowledge of AD/LDAP
- Sound knowledge of Linux system administration
- Knowledge of Scripting - Bash and Python
- Configure Firewall and VPN
- Configure and Manage IPTables
- Create utility script
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud
- Configure VPC, NACL, and Cloudwatch in AWS Cloud
Position Requirements :
- 6+ years of experience with at least a 4-year proven track record in leading IT infrastructure
- Proven experience of IT especially on the Cloud and Big Data platforms
- Strong knowledge of network design principles, requirements specifications, standards development and practices