Recruiter at iMind Your Business
Views:501 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Information Security Lead - System Administration (4-7 yrs)
- For a Series C funded Fintech company located in Indiranagar, Bangalore.
- We are looking for an outstanding Information Security Lead with proven skills to ensure the security of the organization's network and information assets by protecting against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of systems or data.
- Perform security monitoring and reporting through the analyzing of security alerts and indicators or compromise. Identify security vulnerabilities or risks and prepare remediation plans. Improve security awareness through training, policies and procedures and track compliance throughout the organization. Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry best practices.
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform risk assessments to include, but not limited to, policy compliance review, vulnerability analysis and risk mitigation.
- Develop, maintain and direct implementation of information, network and user security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Regular propaganda of Information Security threats to improve employee awareness
- Ensure that Information security audits are conducted periodically or as needed
- Monitor the organization's networks for security issues or breaches and investigate violations when they occur.
- Analyze security event data from customer computing platforms, network elements, and security devices
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Research, document, and track security incidents (internal/external), utilizing incident tracking software.
- Make recommendations for appropriate action(s) for remediation and develop additional controls as deemed necessary.
- Install and maintain information security software and understand information security management.
- Assist with patch management and vulnerability remediation.
- Perform information security tests and identify network vulnerabilities and remediation steps.
- Respond to SOC calls at 24/7
- Ability to work remotely if required.
- Educate and inform employees specific to Information security policies & procedures as well as knowledge of latest information security threats and vulnerabilities as it applies to the company.
- Evaluate, assign and maintain an inventory of system risk assessments, indicating a level of risk, potential exposure, and recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of standards and compliance regulations that may directly impact the company.
- Responsible for ensuring that the firm's Information Security systems are functioning in an optimal manner and that all BC/DR goals are met through testing on a scheduled basis.
- Actively participate in the Training/Education programs to raise information security awareness.
Skills And Qualifications :
- 3 to 7 years of related experience
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Ability to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and how to avoid them.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Fundamental knowledge of IP networking, Routing & Switching, System Administration, and Information Security
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems : Windows and Linux
- Experience in handling Information Security issues and appropriately proposing the remedies for the same.
- Experience with network, vulnerability and penetration tools and techniques. Ability to apply critical thinking and logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and work calmly during an emergency.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and schedules.
- Strong verbal communication and collaboration skills including the ability to work with both.
- Technical and non-technical customers/peers to research and resolve problems.
- Information Security or IT certificates.