Head of Operations at Yitro Business Consultants (India) Pvt Ltd
Views:141 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Informatica Administrator - ETL/SQL/Performance Tuning (5-9 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- Install and configure Informatica environments, upgrade Informatica server software (as required).
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of any platform issue and resolve the issue. Work with Informatica vendor support if required.
- Manage Informatica servers by monitoring disk space, memory, CPU etc. Monitor performance of platforms and tune platforms to optimize the user experience
- Create and Manage repository, create folders for users, groups, assign rights and privileges as and when required)
- PowerCenter Repository & Domain Backups on a day to day or weekly/monthly basis. Automate processes such as backups, monitoring etc to improve productivity.
- Manage security of the ETL platform. Manage licenses
- Assist in performance tuning of ETL processes on Informatica server (as and when required). Capacity planning and on-going monitoring to proactively increase capacity as needed.
- Conduct production promotion process using defined release management procedures.
- Provide effective and timely communications to users, infrastructure team members of system downtime, outages, and issues.
- Document System Administration best practices.
- Work with Development and Solution team to assist with implementation & roll outs.
- Assist ETL users with issues related to access, configuration or any other Informatica infrastructure related issues.
- Strong knowledge of Support projects and good understanding of support processes.
- Good understanding of various KPIs and Metrics used in reporting of Support projects.
- Strong skills in Informatica Administration. Experience in setting up and tuning Informatica Powercenter Services. Hands on experience in various Informatica administration activities.
- Experience with various operating platforms, metadata management, and good experience with SQL and ETL.
- Should have very good understanding of Offshore-Onsite model of project execution and support.
Required Skills :
- Advanced SQL Knowledge - Writing & debugging complex SQL statements to query and understand data/Information.
- Hands-on Knowledge on various Informatica administration activities, security, backup, performance tuning, license management, code deployment, user access management, capacity planning and Informatica architecture.
- Good Excel Knowledge.
- Professional and Effective communication skills, Presentation skills and client facing skills.
- Additional knowledge of Microstrategy & Tableau is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Unix Shell Scripting will be a Plus
Qualifications and Skills :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical field.
- 5 - 9 years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and eagerness to learn new technologies.