Manager Talent Acquisition at Indus Os
Views:291 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Indus OS - Senior Android/Lead Android Developer - Mobile App Development - Java/XML (5-8 yrs)
Indus is an indigenous technology platform that brings app developers, smartphone brands and users on a single platform and truly creates an Indian smartphone platform. Made in India, for Indians - Indus is built on the three pillars of innovation, simplification and content. Indus was launched in May 2015 and quickly climbed to the #2 OS spot in India by mid-2016, overtaking global giants such as Apple's iOS & Microsoft's Windows.
Currently Indus a user base of over 12+ Million on the back of 10+ smartphone brand partnerships with leading OEMs such as Samsung, Gionee, iTel, Micromax, Intex, Karbonn and others. The Indus platform is available in English & 23 Indian regional languages and is intended to digitally connect the next 1 billion people in the emerging markets.
Indus App Bazaar: Indus also has its very own app market place called Indus App Bazaar with over 400,000 applications. Indus App Bazaar is India's largest indigenous app store available in 12 languages, designed to suit specific requirements of the Indian consumers.
The recent partnership with Samsung will see Indus App Bazaar power Samsung's new Galaxy Apps Store in all Samsung Devices. With this partnership, we will be able to reach a user base over 50 Million by 2019.
Read all about the Samsung Partnership: https://bit.ly/2JgL3JU
Indus OS in news
Financial Express: http://bit.ly/29FDQg5
Economic Times: http://bit.ly/2ayTvD4
We are looking for a strong techie who can work in our Android Application Development team. You can add value to the product through your technology skills.
What we do : To create the mobile ecosystem for the next billion smartphone users from emerging markets in their native language.
Key Responsibilities :
- You'll be actively involved with and monitor the development of Android applications that are a part of the product
- Youl'll be architecting and implementing best-in-class responsive, fast and user friendly apps
- You'lll be responsible for designing, implementation & maintenance of various libraries & components for mobile platforms
- Represent the Android Apps engineering team in high level meetings and keep everyone informed about the status of new & ongoing server development efforts within the company
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to create exciting user experiences that make optional use of the touch based mobile experience
- You'll be continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting edge technologies and leveraging these in one's own and the team's work as necessary
- Create/Improve application architecture and performance without supervision
- Motivate, mentor and lead other team members by rolling up your sleeves and offering technical and project management insights and tips
- Care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology you build
- Define and design Android application architectures by laying out specifications and optimal code structures
- And of course get hands dirty by writing Android code for mobile applications & frameworks
Desired Candidates Profile :
- 5+ years of experience on Android Java based mobile applications and systems development
- Strong command on Android Java. Exposure towards Android NDK & C++
- Strong knowledge of the various packages on the Android App development stack - layouts, intents, widgets, content providers, touch handling, drawing, location services, media interfaces, network, storage, security/cryptography, webkit, sqlite, etc.
- Knowledge of web services and serialization techniques like REST, SOAP, XML, JSON & framing
- Knowledgeable about Android Application Ant build script functionality
- Prior experience of working on heavy large sized applications and componentizing them
- Hands on exposure on TCP/IP socket based programming & protocol implementation like HTTP, XMPP, etc.
- Strong penchant for Object Oriented Design and CS fundamentals
- Experience of working with version control, bug tracking, continuous integration and other productivity enhancement software like SVN, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
- Prior experience in implementing Agile software methodologies
- Passionate about software development & modern day Android technologies like
- Nexus 6 and its exclusive Lollipop features
- Lollipop and its new material design
- Latest libraries like Otto & Guava - event buses for Android
- The ability to effectively manage technical people (internal & external development resources) and projects
- Taking responsibility and ownership in the team's work
Additional Requirements : B.Tech/BS/BE/BS/MS/M.Tech/MS in Electronics or Computer Science from a premier institute in India (IITs, BITS, NITs etc) or abroad
Our Offering :
- True start-up experience - no bureaucracy and a ton of tough decisions that have a real impact on the business from day one.
- The camaraderie of an amazingly talented team that is working tirelessly to build a great OS for India and surrounding markets.
- Awesome benefits, social gatherings etc.
- Work with intelligent, fun and interesting people in a dynamic start-up environment.
Location : Noida