IBM Labs - Application Architect - Kubernetes/Docker (10-16 yrs)
About IBM :
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, - be essential.- We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported.
IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with varied strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you- ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction :
- The Global System Integrators Lab (GSI) is a global mission based out of IBM India Software Labs and comprises a team of Architects, Specialists, Solution managers, Program managers across all IBM Software capabilities.
- The lab is focused on engaging with System Integrators in a programmatic approach, with a goal of building their capability through joint Go-to-Market solutions using IBM's newest technologies and partners, building joint assets & solutions on IBM Data platform, supporting Centres of Competency within the GSIs, and providing thought leadership & innovations to inspire and activate the larger developer communities within the SIs and GSIs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise :
- 10 to 15 years of Industry work experience.
- Excellent skills on Enterprise Application Architecture
- Good understanding of IBM Middleware Products, such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss/Tomcat, Databases, messaging and related products. (Focus on Java based environment)
- Hands on experience on Cloud (IBM or non-IBM Cloud)
- Hands on experience on Docker, Kubernetes, helm etc
- DevOps tools : Opensource, such as Jenkins etc, as well as understanding of IBM Rational/Competition tools.
- Experience in end to end deployment automation with quality gates.
- Good knowledge on MicroServices and 12 factor applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience :
- Knowledge on IBM Cloud (Private as well as public).
- Application modernisation / refactoring experience.
- Experience on Application Migration to Cloud.
- Knowledge on ELK stack and various monitoring tools such as APM etc.
Who you are :
- As a Cloud Application Architect, you will work closely with IBM Partners (Global System Integrators - GSIs) and help them leverage the potential of IBM Cloud Capabilities for their enterprise applications.
- You should be able to jointly identify and drive strategic initiatives and new business opportunities, in the area of modern application architectures.
- You will be involved in discussions around Application Modernization using latest technologies such as Microservics, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm as well as DevOps.
- You will be providing hands-on assistance to any of application modernization requirements.
What you'll do :
As an Application Architect, You will :
- Build /maintain relationship with technical and business stakeholders from all the GSIs.
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance for moving applications to IBM Cloud.
- Help client understand the latest technology trends in application modernisation space, which includes, micro-services using Docker and CF containers, Kubernetes, Helm, Service Mesh, DevOps, Centralised Monitoring and Logging etc.
- Represent and facilitate IBM Cloud architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients.
- Work with partners and their client in assessing architecture to scope and work on proposals.
- Use of IBM tools as well as open source tools for acceleration of application development, deployment and operations purpose.
How we'll help you grow :
- You will get an opportunity to understand future marketplace trends, influence business strategies to address future customer requirements and influence industry standards.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the guide you want to be.
- You'll directly interact with the Product development and Offering management teams and gain knowledge of product nuances and GTM strategies.
- You'll interact extensively and learn from Senior Technical leaders from IBM and Business partner organizations.