IBM - Junior/Senior Logic Design Engineer - Verilog/VHDL (3-12 yrs)
BU Introduction :
India Systems Development Lab (ISDL) is part of IBM Systems world-wide technology development lab. Established in 1996, the Lab is headquartered in India's Silicon Valley and startup hub - Bengaluru, with a strong presence in Pune and Hyderabad.
Developers at ISDL deliver technology innovations across the entire Systems portfolio - z Systems, Power / OpenPOWER Systems and Storage. The team here works across the entire stack from processor design, firmware, operating system to software defined storage. The lab also focuses on innovations, thanks to the creative energies of the teams.
The lab has contributed over 400+ patents in groundbreaking technologies and inventions so far.
While computing veers towards cognitive, cloud, mobile, social, and security, the lab has significantly contributed to not just new products focused in these areas, but has also ushered in new development models such as Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps.
Who you are : You will Architect and Design it's high performance next generation Z & Power processors.
What you'll do :
As a Senior Logic Design Engineer, you will
- Engage in early high-level architectural exploration, through micro architectural research and arriving at a detailed specification.
- RTL ownership. Development, assessment and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area and timing goals.
- Support test bench development and simulation for functional and performance verification.
- Explore high performance strategies and validate that the RTL design meets targeted performance.
- Work with cross-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power.
- Participate in the hardware bring up to qualify that the design meets the functional requirements.
How we'll help you grow :
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team lead love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- 8+ years of relevant Processor design experience.
- Proven knowledge of microprocessor architecture and experience in the architecture, design, development of hardware accelerators, compression engines, hardware Security features & boot logic development / other processor functions.
- Applied skill in the microarchitecture & logic design of processor circuits within the area, power and performance constraints.
- Hands on experience in Verilog and/or VHDL languages, simulators and waveform debugging tools.
- Experience in working with the Physical Design and Verification teams to Sign off
- Proven communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Experience in the validation of the desired functionality post silicon / in hardware.
- Experience in C / C++, PERL & PYTHON programming languages
Location : Bangalore
Masters in technology/ MS in Microelectronics
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.