Home Capital - UX Manager - HTML/CSS/Sketch (4-7 yrs)
Role : User Experience Manager
- The User Experience Manager is responsible for leading HCIN UX team, within our Online department and larger corporate User Experience group.
- As a design leader, you will play an integral role and work collaboratively with various stakeholder groups to deliver enhancements to our application & web channels.
- The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for the latest developments in UX & frontend technologies as well as be able to provide insight and expertise to the best practices for user-centred design.
Job Responsibilities :
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing UX elements in the existing product by incorporating customer feedback, and best practices in order to continuously evolve and improve the product
- Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Create user-centred designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
- Work closely with the business team to develop user scenarios, storyboards, and high level requirements.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for on-device software applications for a variety of screen sizes and interaction models
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviours
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
- Work with sprint teams and leadership to champion a user-centred design process throughout the organization
- Collaborate with Product Management and other Engineering teams to effectively align resources to meet goals and roadmap commitments
- Maintain a platform perspective and work closely with the product team to ensure proper direction and identify best practices.
- Be a leader, who understands the architecture and design decisions, including when trade-offs must be made to meet business objectives.
Basic Qualifications :
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer or similar role
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience and knowledge of design theories and its application to user-facing designs
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator and Visio
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to prototype in HTML/CSS or similar tools
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Finance and eCommerce design experience
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance