HR Recruiter at Herbalife
Views:308 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Herbalife - Senior VMware/VDI Engineer (8-10 yrs)
Job Description :
The Sr VMWare/VDI Engineer will be responsible for providing detailed low-level technical and high level summarized solutions for our systems engineers, developers and partners. Low level knowledge of hardware and software will help to provide solutions to difficult challenges, bottlenecks, limitation and training.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES /DUTIES :
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, IS operations, and technology projects.
- Manage the Virtual Infrastructure running VMware ESXi 6.x
- Manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure running VMware Horizon
- Configure and setup VMware hosts running ESXi 6.x
- Set up and test environments and run solution-based test (e.g. Benchmark/performance testing). Work closely with other team members and groups to maximize results.
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot VMs
- Develop server solutions and implement within a complex virtual environment
- Monitor server and systems through alerting systems
- Attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings, Change management meetings and capacity management meetings.
- Maintain security in a highly regulated environment
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Act as point of escalation for VMware Engineer or other departments
- Planning and contributing on patching cycles.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related issues to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of physical server hardware and software applications
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, Document detailed test plans, reference architectural diagrams, implementation guides, build guides and other technical documents as well as videos that detail the configuration, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Provide advanced technical training to staff and other technical audiences.
- Provide daily storage and backup auditing and monitoring.
- Ensure appropriate & timely escalations when technology interests are being degraded or put at risk.
- Provide escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving system-related matters of significance.
- Develop automated test scripts (ie: Python, Shell, Powershell).
- Be able to perform a thorough RCA and communicate effectively.
- Develop team members to increase bench strength and flexibility of the functions.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and influence others to ensure adequacy of operational risk mitigation efforts.
- Ensure servers configuration according to company Standards
- In depth knowledge of VMware products: vSphere 5.X/ 6.X, VMware Horizon, vROPs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to rapidly acquire technical skills and evaluate potential technical solutions
- Ability to lead and oversee comprehensive, systematic troubleshooting, and problem-solving activities
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced, competitive consulting environment
- Ability to interact with management, technical staff and Vendors
- In depth understanding of supporting technologies: Windows operating system/s, Exchange, Active Directory, /DHCP/DNS/FTP, Enterprise Storage solutions, Anti-Virus, Systems Management.
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (HPE Rackmount/Blade servers, Remote management tools like ILO, Onboard Administrator)
- Understanding of Project Management concepts.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical datacenter practices
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of customer satisfaction on engagements
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing large scale solutions.
- Excellent knowledge in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere,
- Advanced experience with ESXi CLI and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Coding experience with at least one of the following: Python, Shell, Powershell.
- Experience and/or certification with enterprise applications such as clustering, Linux or Windows.
- Excellent knowledge in performance tuning and analysis.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Understanding of ITIL Methodology concepts.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional.
- Orchestration and Automation, experience in Vfoglight, VMTurbo or vRealise Automation.
- PowerShell Scripting to automate administrative tasks.
- 5+ years installing and maintaining VMware vSphere Infrastructure.
- 3+ years installing and maintaining VMware Horizon environment for VDI.
- 2+ years experience in a team leader role or senior position.
- 2+ years installing and maintaining Windows or Linux
- 7+ years installing and maintaining VMware vSphere Infrastructure.
- 5+ years installing and maintaining VMware Horizon environment for VDI.
- 3+ years experience in a team leader role or senior position.
- 3+ years installing and maintaining Windows or Linux
- Windows or Linux Certification
- VMware Certified Professional. VCP
- Bachelors degree in a technical/business discipline or equal work experience
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional