HDFC Life - Backend Developer - Node.js/Python (3-5 yrs)
Role : Back end developer
Job Description :
- We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills & Qualifications :
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language such as Node JS, Python etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of session management- in a distributed server environment
Must have Skills :
- Proficient on Node js
- Proficient on PostGreSQL 9.x or MySQL 5.x, Bitbucket or GitHub
- Proficient on JIRA, Confluence and Slack
- Proficient on Mongo or any other NoSQL DB
- Proficient on API documentation tools/frameworks such as Postman, Swagger
- Hands on experience using various AWS Services such as EC2, Elastic Search, API Gateway, S3, Redis etc.
- Good understanding on Agile Development
Experience : Must have at least 3-5 years of experience of building highly scalable application