Executive at Ally-Executive
Views:323 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Hardware/Firmware Lead Engineer - IoT/Embedded Systems (5-8 yrs)
Client is looking for a passionate senior (5+ years experience) embedded systems (hardware/firmware) engineer who would be leading the systems design team driving the end to end hardware/firmware development of Automation & Control IOT products. The person will be closely working with the CTO who has more than 15 years of experience in designing systems and algorithms running on those systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop algorithms, test cases and device drivers for new IOT sensors.
- PCB design, together with third party vendors, for extending the functionality of existing hardware for new sensors
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met on time.
- Create and execute test plans for verifying design performance to specification.
- Debug problems as they arise during verification and validation.
- In house as well as field testing of newly developed firmware.
- Document all firmware designs including design specification, bug tracking, and version control.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's/Master's engineering degree from a premier institute with 5+ years of professional experience of working in embedded domain.
- Embedded C/C++ & Python development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and 1debug code in an embedded environment.
- Experience on working with sensor/sensor module interfacing, 8 bit/32 bit microcontrollers and different communication protocols like UART, RS485, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Knowledge of BLE mesh, Thread, Zigbee protocols.
- Experience with microcontrollers and RTOS based systems will be a big plus.
- Prior experience in 1-2 layer PCB design (production level)
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment with Minimal supervision