Glenmark - Assistant Manager - IT Infrastructure Backup & Storage (8-10 yrs)
Profile : Backup and Storage
Candidate : Assistant manager
Experience : 8 Years
Education : B.E / Grauduate
Job Description :
Service Support :
- Maintenance of Storage and SAN network
- Periodically Monitor storage logs for heath check.
- Responsible for proper backup completion of Servers and filers.
- Responsible for infrastructure change builds as per CRs, testing changes, and documenting test results
- Assists deployment of storage hardware firmaware upgrade and new version implementation
- Responsible for maintenance of technology infrastructure according to maintenance schedule
- Responsible for Movement of offsite tape as per schedule.
- Notify affected users of planned infrastructure downtime and backup data before maintenance, as required
- Responsible for maintenance of Monthly perpetual tape storage in fire safe storage
Information Security :
- Enables logging on identified events and user accounts and maintains logs with appropriate access control
- Monitors log storage capacity
Programs and Projects :
- Executes infrastructure projects, prepares and maintains project documentation, and performs project change control
- Involve in new project implementation and gather information related to Compute requirement and storage space allocation.
- Allocation of Storage as per LLD design and pool created
- Monitors and periodically reports project status to stakeholders
Service Delivery :
- Responsible for Allocation of Storage as per application requirement
- Configuration of Host on SAN fabric and lay FC cable if required.
- Installation of New Hardware procured for different applications allocation of Rack space and power requirement.
- Backup performance and configuration (Commvault install iData agents),Backup Exec,Netbackup,HPDP
- Analyse complex hardware and software issues associated with backup-related technologies, including Backup Exec NetBackup, CommVault, HPDP and Enterprise Vault
- Knowledge and handson on Industry leading storage products (Hitachi VSP, EMC & DELL) SAN Fabric configuration
- Provides information for performance monitoring and MIS reports
- Ensures recording information from all internal repositories in a central knowledge repository
- Provides inputs for IT personnel skills and training requirements identification
- Assists in the identification of any specific risk management, security and compliance requirements for IT personnel
- Supports the development and implementation of technology guidelines for Glenmark's technological solutions
- Assists in risk evaluations by collecting data for analysis and providing inputs for risk evaluation scope
- Supports risk response identification and responds to discovered risk exposure