Recruitment Lead at Confidential
Views:390 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Software Engineer - Oracle EBS Suite (4-8 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you- ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can- t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development - as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can- t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role : Independent Contributor that participates in technical design, development and implementation
What you ll do :
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Provides daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Demonstrates familiarity and strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages and tools for the application area.
- Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing systems supported
- Tests, implements, documents, and maintains system components based on specifications. Also modifies, tests and troubleshoots existing tools and utilities.
- Understands the structure and basic processes of the IT organization, including the roles of IT colleagues and the information and/or resources they may require.
- Builds and maintains strong working knowledge of multiple business areas and the applications that support them
- Develops a basic understanding of the industry and the products and services of the company
- Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements/specifications
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas
- Successfully troubleshoots most application problems independently
- Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely
- Experience in a software development position including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements definition, technical designs, coding, testing and implementation.
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment among the team.
What you'll need:
- Typical candidates will possess 4+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Has 4+ years Oracle EBS suite expertise both technical and functional in Finance, General Ledger, Sub-ledger Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Lockboxes, Collections, Order to cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report.
- Experience with Virtual Trader a plus.
- Experience with PERL and shell scripting in Linux / Unix platform.
- Must have strong knowledge in Oracle Applications development, PL/SQL and Oracle system management.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop Oracle EBS integrations and functionality.
- Analyze, build and extract Discoverer reports
- Motivated to continue learning new technologies or expanding knowledge of current skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database platform and ability to tune queries
Who you are :
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical area supervised. Serves as a technical resource to those supervised.
- Familiar with all IT functions and services relevant to Finance functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues within Finance area
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes, development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others
- Demonstrates strong expertise in all the relevant programming languages
- Is a key resource in the existing technologies along with other interrelated/adjacent systems and technologies.
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate and acting as a consultant to other professionals in IT
- Provides technical leadership in their area of specialization
- Acts as a technology mentor to team members
What we offer :
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:33125 By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy