Recruitment Lead at Confidential
Views:470 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Manager - Data Analytics (0-1 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you- ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Manager, Data Analytics (Products):
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the role :
- This is a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic individual to lead a key advanced data analytics team for a fast growing Products organization for Gartner.
- Our mission is to drive increasing business impact by building world class data analytics practices. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead a group of business associates and engage with product leaders through data-driven discussions and act as a consultant to the product teams and also work on a variety of business problems such as understanding retention drivers, accelerating new business growth by leveraging leading and lagging indicators.
- Qualitative and quantitative market research is required in order to create valuable user experiences, and having great people skills is crucial.
- Your ability to apply Lean Product Principles to the data analytics process will both ensure proper ROI and fast iteration of the solution. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting.
- This becomes especially relevant as you will be part of the product team to develop the product opportunities we uncover. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and anchoring on the client experience and business problems will help you navigate the decisions needed to build great products and deliver strong business results.
What you'll do :
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all analytics related to product organization covering both strategic and tactical aspects
- Drive innovation to come up with new analytics providing new business ideas and strategies
- Conduct both directed and proactive analysis on various aspects of the business units supported to help improve client retention, review growth, etc., leveraging both leading and lagging indicators
- Work with senior stakeholders closely to deliver data driven decision making for the business; provide actionable insights from the data, and provide support and guidance to the most senior levels of the leadership
- Lead a team of 4 or more Business Associates; be an effective leader, train and coach new hires who would specialize in business and advanced analytics projects; drive team building and recruiting activities.
- Provide intelligence to track progress on several improvement initiatives being run in the organization. Own the success of such initiatives through deep-dives, pilots and large scale roll outs
- Develop processes to effectively deliver multiple requests and demonstrate measurable business impact thereof
- Define performance measurement parameters for the analytics team driving multiple ongoing analyses
What you'll need :
- Graduation in Engineering, Maths or Statistics from Top Tier institutes like IITs and /or IIMs.
- 5-8 years of experience of working as a consultant; managing client engagement
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing user-oriented dashboards and reports with actionable insights and data visualizations by using a variety of analytical software packages and platforms.
- 3 years of people management experience leading analytical teams that owns the development of operational business analytics, dashboards, and insights.
- Deep analytical thinker with experience in deriving business insights from data analytics
- Detail-oriented with high personal standards for quality and accuracy along with a strategic mindset to interpret and bring out the - so what- from data
- Understanding of fundamental computing concepts including data structures and algorithms (e.g. trees, graphs, file formats, regressions, correlations)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; Be a self-starter who can anticipate business needs and fulfill them proactively
- Exposure to Lean Six sigma, process improvement projects would be an added advantage
- Experience, maturity and ability to prioritize and manage workload in order to meet deadlines; proficient in multitasking
- Working knowledge of three or more of the following - R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, MS-Access, Power BI, Advance Excel
- Product management and project management experiences
Who you are :
- You love quantitative/qualitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as a consultant to the product teams
- You want to grow deep into business analytics and data science field as a long term career while still develop necessary business acumen
- You are passionate about data analytics as a field and are excited to develop highly intellectual talent through coaching.
What we offer :
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including :
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
We are trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries - across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit www.gartner.com
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.