GAP - Software Engineer - Webservices/Java/Spring (7-10 yrs)
Loaction - HYDERABAD, INDIA
Gap Tech drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries. We challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do. And we- re not here just to execute; we- re here to learn and grow. As individuals, we are passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented.
- As a team, we are making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities. We are diversifying our talent globally, and expanding our reach by opening a technology hub in Hyderabad, India. Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally.
Major Job Responsibilities :
- Partners with Product Managers, and Solution Architects to define, analyze, and estimate level of effort to deliver customer's technical requirements
- Provides technical input to Statement of Work for External Service Providers
- Ability to break down product management stories into detailed design specifications for medium to complex business problems
- Guides team members on the use of design patterns and adherence to code quality metrics
- Builds cloud native applications
- Leads team members in Agile development best practices: pair programming, test driven development
- Uses software code management tools and processes to ensure code traceability and good governance.
- Conducts code reviews with other team members (either internal or external service providers)
- Makes continuous improvement to our coding and test practices across applications
- Works in DevOps team which uses continuous development, integration and testing with automated releases to lower and higher environments with application monitoring plus supporting the product
- Analyzes and resolves problems of high to critical complexity, and ability to identify recurring issues to root cause
- Be a thought leader! Mentor, coach, and guide developers in the team
- Participates in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- High Problem-Solving Skills with analytical thinking and logical reasoning
- Multiple project execution experience with Java - Collections, String handling,Multi-threading, Exception handling, Generics and Synchronization
- Multiple project execution experience with frameworks like Spring or Struts
- Hands on experience working with huge datasets in HDFS.
- Development experience with Enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience building cross platform data integration.
- Proficient working knowledge of Web Services (SOAP & REST).
- Should have worked on API management with different frameworks
- Should have worked with any one of cloud based apps (Azure, PCF)
- Working experience with Frameworks like Spring integration/apache camel or Kafka is desired
- Proficient working knowledge of at least one external caching tools (Memcache, Reddis)
- Working knowledge of at least one No-SQL database like Mongo
- Proficient knowledge of Domain Driven Design, TDD and Unit testing frameworks like Junit and Mockito
- Exposure towards logging frameworks/tools like Log4J and Splunk
- Proficient in standardization and maintenance of code quality measures with the help of tools like Sonar
- Proficient in maintaining security aspects of application (oAuth, SSO, LDAP)
- Measure performance metrics of product with tools like New Relic and provide measures for improvement.
- Should have led a small to medium team in design, build and deploy applications/products
Nice to Have Requirements :
- Exposure towards Selenium test automation suite
- Handling multiple technical streams/releases
- Architectural experience
- Experience of owning a project completely from inception to production release
- Awareness of latest technology trends
- Technology recommendations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION :
- 7 - 10 years of experience with Java in software industry
- CS degree or equivalent experience