GAP - Senior Manager - Java/AWS/Spring (10-15 yrs)
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Gap Tech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all of Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail with technology has never been more fun!
We are looking for Technical Lead for our Product Engineering team. This is the team responsible for managing the development of Assort, Plan, Book, Allocate capabilities. As a Lead you will be responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered.
If you are excited about everything Cloud, are passionate about building compelling applications and services at scale, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy working on best in class technologies, we should talk!
What is expected of you :
- Works closely with Technical Lead, Product manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our retail platform using Test/Behavior Driven Development practices and also support the operations of the product in production for the life cycle.
- Owns end-to-end quality of their product(s) jointly with PdM and TM
- Code reviews for changes or additions to their products
- Owns on-time delivery of team commitments
- Champion code and build quality with "hands-free" production deploy
- Defines the architecture for their product(s)& drives continuous technical improvement at the product team level
- Analysis, design and communication of appropriate patterns and solutions, collaboration with Product -Architects and PdM for strategic planning at product level
- Owns and maintains technical roadmaps for their product(s), especially with regard to product consolidation, EOL, etc.
- Ensures their designs are consistent with the expectations of Enterprise Architecture (owns the software architecture description and documentation and review of these by relevant Platform Architects and ARB)
- Ensures non-functional requirements are considered and addressed when designing solutions
- Owns and maintains Context Diagrams and other appropriate documentation for their product(s)
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Ensures that metrics used to measure their product(s) health are produced, reviewed and understood (SLAs, defects, performance metrics, APM, etc.)
- Represents the product team in interactions with other product teams, especially design and review of interfaces and contracts
- Represents the product team in Change and Release Management meetings
- Acts as a career builder for developers
- Provides feedback to TM on skills, succession and strategic planning
Technical Qualifications :
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- 10 + years of Software Development experience, primarily with Java
- Strong experience with Agile development methodologies like Scrum, XP and Kanban
- Experience with Public Cloud services - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Extensive experience with Java - Collections, String handling,Multi-threading, Exception handling, Generics and Synchronization. Java 8 experience is highly desired
- Expert, hands-on experience on Struts MVC and Spring (Core/IOC, MVC, JDBC, ORM)
- Good understanding of Design Patterns and hands on experience in designing software solutions
Working experience with :
- Frameworks like Spring integration / Apache Camel or Kafka is desired
- Asynchronous messaging patterns like IBM MQ or Rabbit MQ
- Domain Driven Design, TDD and Unit testing frameworks like Junit and Mockito
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Relational DBs (MySQL, Oracle or Postgres) and proficiency in writing optimal DB queries
- Logging frameworks/tools like Log4J and Splunk
- Caching technologies (Memcache, Redis)
- Proficient in standardization and maintenance of code quality measures with the help of tools like Sonar
- Good understanding of security aspects of applications OAuth, SSO, LDAP
- Experience with performance measuring tools like New Relic
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.