GAP - Senior Manager - Automation/Performance Testing (12-15 yrs)
SENIOR MANAGER- TECH OPS
GAPTECH Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Gap Tech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite. Our techies are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all of Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail with technology has never been more fun!
- As a Senior Manager, you will define the Gap Tech's End to End test automation roadmap in conjunction with all the CX product teams.As a leader, you are responsible for leading the Test Automation team for CX based out of Gap Tech India.
- You must Drive the adherence to sprint and/or project milestones, including implementing appropriate corrective actions when progress deviates from plan.
- You must be capable of working in a matrixed organization and coordinating the delivery of multiple outcomes concurrently.
- As a people leader, first, and delivery manager second, you must build, inspire and lead the technical teams.
- Additionally, Drive adherence to sprint and/or project milestones, including implementing appropriate corrective actions when progress deviates from plan. As this is a shared service and center of excellence, this leader is expected to work with stakeholders, internal customers across the different GAP tech locations.
- You will be Functionally responsible for building test automation and execution for CX teams. You will Hire, mentor, coach and manage the high performing test automation teams based out of India.
- You will Engage with our product engineering teams in GapTech to help land the Test automation and modernization effort. You will manage matrixed teams to deliver against team goals and objectives; define an operating model that works for teams in different locations.
- As part of the leadership team you would be integral to defining and shaping India GapTech's future technology vision.
Key Responsibilities :
- Build the End to End test automation across all product teams.
- Drive the strategy and effort to improve the quality, time to market and cost of quality of the products.
- Drive the effort for adoption of Continuous Quality.
- Help the applications teams with building of Functional automation where needed.
- Drive the automation of the infrastructure where needed.
- Working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goal.
- Present possible updates, recommendations, strategic opportunities to local & US leadership.
- Develops relationships with local business leaders.
- Demonstrate ability to innovate and operate outside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures.
Capabilities & Requirements :
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years- experience in an Engineering Leadership position, overall 12+ years of work experience.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of automation, different frameworks across different types of applications.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies and tools specifically in test automation.
- Expertise in driving the effort for performance testing, UAT testing, regression testing at an enterprise scale.
- Worked in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
- Exposure to Azure is preferred.
- Exposure to AKS is preferred.
- Exposure to OCI is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of staple IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development, and their related impacts as it pertains to network resources).
- Experience in Retail, Fast moving consumer goods, Consumer durables Industry will be preferred.