GAP - Monitoring Engineer - Datadog/Middleware (5-10 yrs)
Gap Tech drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries. We challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do.
And we are not here just to execute; we are here to learn and grow. As individuals, we are passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented. As a team, we are making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities. We are diversifying our talent globally and expanding our reach by opening a technology hub in Hyderabad, India.
Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally, if you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Overall 5+ years of IT experience.
- Design/Implementation/Integration Experience on New Relic, Data Dog, Splunk for Infrastructure and Applications Monitoring
- Design, Installation and Core Components Setup
- Configurations & Integrations- On board network devices, servers, database, middleware, storage and backup
- Visualizations, Alerting, Notifications, User Access
- Advanced Netflow analysis, monitoring & Bandwidth utilization
- Centralized Log Management & Reporting
- Scripting Expertise on one or more languages like Perl, Python, Power Shell, PHP
- Working experience on one or more Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS, Open Stack
- Working knowledge on Operating Systems like Windows, UNIX/Linus and Database technologies like MS SQL, Oracle
- Integration experiences with Third Party Monitoring (Logs/Events Triggers), Ticketing (Events/Workflows Triggers), Orchestration/Automation (Events/Workflow Triggers) Tools
- Support solving complex performance issues, events correlation, resource optimization, tuning and/or triaging performance problems across on-premise and cloud environment
- Create guidelines and standard methodologies around Nagios architectures including integrated migration strategies between legacy and future customer solutions
- Demonstrate keenness to be abreast on latest market trends, technology updates of automation and other emerging technologies
- Ability to work with Infrastructure and Application SMEs to manage performance, development and deployment issues
- Gather business requirements and work with various teams in analyzing the inputs, designing the automation architecture and creating solution proposals